Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

Tonight, this year for New Year's I stayed home. I shipped my sister off to go bar hopping with her work friends and stayed home and cleaned out some of my life.

Since I was a kid, I've been collecting stuff meaningful to me at that time. Over the years, I've stashed them in boxes of sorts and as an adult into Rubbermaid tubs. I had four tubs and one old smelly black travel chest thingy FULL to the brim with "memories".

It was good cleaning them out. From my baby book to christmas cards from a few years ago, I thinned it all down to ONE partially filled tub. Four garbage bags now have graced my dumpster.

BOY DID THAT FEEL GOOD. It's like cleaning out the old energy. The old crap I have been hanging onto. The pieces of me that I'm not anymore but that had made me who I am today. Some things got put to rest. A better outlook has crept in. It's amazing how therapeutic throwing out stuff is. Now all I've been thinking is that I have so much more to purge around here and throw out!

So Happy New Year to all of you! I hope 2015 is good to you. I know it's a new beginning for me filled with more love, compassion, and acceptance with a heavy dose of wonderment and laughs ahead. May the gods bless you and give you lessons that enrich and complete your life.

A final thought:

No comments: