Sunday, January 4, 2015

Day 7! ONE WEEK!

Hey great people of the world - how are you? I'm GREAT. I got most of my list done today except for my paperwork, which I'm procrastinating about RIGHT NOW. I've made several deals with myself about getting it done/not getting it done, etc. It won't take me long and it's not difficult...it's just tedious. Hence - the reason I haven't done it yet!!! Ugh. However, people are counting on me so I'd better get it done. Or at least MOSTLY done. Tomorrow should be a very quiet day. My reward for getting all of it done by the end of day tomorrow (Ok, Ok, I'll start tonight, for crying out loud! But I'll touch things up & polish them tomorrow...) I get to go to the gym.

Usually I give myself rewards for going to the gym. This time I'm using the gym AS a reward. Fun stuff.

I had an ok eating day today. Still not very hungry and the cold here makes me crave carbohydrates and hotdishes. Like tator tot hotdish and lasagna. MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm. That's some tastey food right there, especially the tator tot hotdish I make and the lasagna I can get at a locally owned italian place. But, that's just not on the menu for me right now so I'm drinking hot tea again. I miss hot tea and I don't know why I don't drink it ALL OF THE TIME.

Anyway, I woke up at 7am to the delicious smell of coffee but actually didn't get out of bed until closer to 7:45. Tomorrow I have to be at work at the latest by that time, so snoozing all day ends for me. :( There are always weekends, but I'm very much looking forward to the routine of a work week and a "normal" sleeping cycle, which means I'm up by 7 on weekends sometimes anyway.

I tried something new today too - I had brewed my coffee with half decaf and half caffeine. I can't say I felt any different!! That's a great thing because I'd like to cut down on the caffeine consumption, but I still really enjoy that hot beverage that tastes like good coffee in the mornings. I think I totally screwed up my Le-Vel shake plan where I THINK I said I was going to take it every odd number day. Or maybe it was even. I don't know, but I had one this morning and it was probably a good thing because I had so much energy, I finished tons of stuff I had laying around partly done. I guess maybe I'll change that to one on all of the even numbered days! I like even numbers better anyway and it will make it easier for me to remember. I look forward to even numbered days, Tuesdays, 10:00am and 8:00pm. No reason at all, but forever, those have been my favorite times of the day & day of the week (along with numbers). Weird huh?? Nothing happens at 10 or 8 of any significance -or on Tuesdays for that matter. Maybe when I was a kid, 10 was snack time or recess, or science for all I know. And maybe 8 was good because that's when Joni Loves Chachi was on TV. It WAS on TV on Tuesdays.... Ahhhhhhh.....Chachi. Angela loves Chachi. He and I would have been a better couple and had a better band than he and Joni, who had weird huge eyes and ugly hair.

I digress. Today I've also caught up on watching/listening to some of my Ideal Protein video podcasts I am subscribed to because I'm doing the program. I haven't viewed any of the videos or listened to them since October. That's probably another reason why I fell off the wagon. I get a new link daily in my email and every morning for 3-4 months, I would view the video or listen to the video as I was getting ready for work. Suddenly in late October I stopped caring and by November I absolutely did not care at all. I kept thinking then, after Thanksgiving, that I should get back into watching them. Finally today during some breaks while I ate and while I switched gears, I took care of a bunch of them. They are only about 5 mns long each, so it was easy to get caught up. I love them because I learn so much!

For example, do you know why MSG is so bad??? It's not just because it gives people headaches. It's a terrible chemical that actually tricks your brain into eating AND it makes your body react by getting fatter. The glutomate is a derivative of an essential amino acid and when you combine it with sodium, you get MSG which is like a crazy person that runs to your brain to say YOU LIKE ME SO VERY MUCH AND YOU WANT ME ALL THE TIME AND MORE AND MORE AND MORE (it screws with the hypothalamus to produce more leptin that tricks your fat cells into growing--apparently). So foods with MSG become addictive to your brain and chemically screw with your fat cells. Did you also know that to make mice fat really fast in a lab, scientists just feed them MSG (even injecting them with pure MSG)? BOOM POW KAZAM, that mouse gets really fat really fast. Did you also know that "yeast extract" on an ingredient list is likely ACTUALLY MSG or a close relative of MSG? Food producers won't put "MSG" in an ingredient list now-adays, but look for "yeast extract". However - this isn't a cut and dried thing, but typically, any junk food that has "yeast extract" or some kind of yeast something or another listed in its ingredients is probably "hiding" MSG. Again, apparently.

So even if I've gotten my wires crossed and that tidbit of info in the previous paragraph is wrong, my interest in this topic has been sparked and I'll know for certain in a couple weeks just what MSG actually does to the body. I'm a nerd like that.

So ok, it's after 7:30 now and I really do have to get some work done. Funny thing - I JUST had a "food want" after I typed that. I wanted to soothe my discomfort in having to do something I wasn't in the mood to do by going to the kitchen to find a bit of food to make me feel better. Interesting, interesting.

Life is a rollercoaster and sometimes there are no seatbelts! Live it up people and be good to yourself and those living in your world. Peace and love are not just things to write about, say, or draw pictures of. Live it. And you'll get it.

No comments: