Friday, January 30, 2015

Naps & Junk Food

Ugh. I ate pizza for lunch today. A lot of pizza. Like an entire tombstone regular crust pizza. I think I am going to puke. Now all I want to eat is veggies. I will still have to tell you why I'm eating tons of junk food lately, but I need a nap.

A funny thing happens when a person gets into the habit of eating well. I don't eat as much as I used to when I go out to eat. I also have a craving for more vegetables and simple, lean protein. Heavy stuff is just that - heavy and hard to eat sometimes. Junk food and sweets are just not as appetizing or taste really good anymore.

However--on the flip side, some of that stuff is STILL really EASY for me to eat. Like Doritos. Black tar heroin. That's what Nacho Cheese Doritos are to me -they are like a drug. My goodness- I can't stop eating them when I start.

Today I'm home from work nursing my eye. I had a PRK touch up on it Wednesday and today, even with all the drops and the pain meds, it STILL feels as if there are little knives stabbing into it every now and then. I have an amazing headache and I'm about to go down for a short nap. I've had all my eye doc post op checkups so far and so far everything is majorly awesome. I can't see worth a darn in that eye, but that's temporary. By next week it should markedly improve and over the next 2-3 months, improve immensely. I'm 20/20 in my right now and that's pretty darned stable. At times I'm better than 20/20, it just depends upon the light & readability of a font.

So yeah. I'm gonna finish the cucumbers I'm munching on right now and then slip off for a short nap.

No comments: