Day 13 is here! Today is grocery shopping day and food prep/planning day for the week.
This morning all I keep thinking about is: This is ONLY DAY 13. I'm a very impatient person and I like instant gratification. It takes work to make myself bide my time and just WAIT. I'm good at it, but it takes work. I'm trying to bide my time and take this one day, one meal at a time. Setting goals and working towards them takes this kind of dedication to the goal and to the process of attaining that goal. Yesterday I bitched about people who have goals or say they have goals but don't do the hard work to accomplish that goal. I realize that was a pretty explosive post and kind of dark and a little bit crazy. Today I stand by those statements, but I clarify: It is DIFFICULT to stay on track and make the right choices we postulate about to become the result we want and wish for.
But you need to realize it IS a moment-to-moment challenge. It is everything you do - every action you do on a minute to minute (second to second, actually) basis and integrates into EVERY choice you make. It's a pain in the ass. And it's EVERY thought. Every thought you have, every self-talk you do, every word you speak, matters when you want something and you're trying to accomplish something.
This takes strength and discipline. And sometimes it's not the strength you may think it is. Sometimes it's actually the strength to tell a good friend or a family member that you can't come to or be part of an event because you know yourself enough to know the situations which cause you to make poor choices. Or, you realize that certain environments are not conducive to what you are aiming to be and at this time in your journey, you cannot be in that environment because your own strength isn't built up enough to stay away from making choices that aren't compatible with your plan. Choices that are in direct contrast to what you profess you are about. THAT takes strength and THAT is what the discipline is for, because THOSE are the moments that show you who you are and if you stand by what you say you are.
It takes practice. It's not perfect. It is an ongoing challenge.
So I challenge you - DO what you say you are going to do. BE what you wish to be. Understand that the MOST important moment is that moment of choice - what are you going to do and how does this align with what you SAY you are/will do.
Good luck - I'm in that same struggle with you and I'll share that positive and supportive energy with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment