Wednesday, January 7, 2015

day 9

Day #9!!! I know I'm going to lose count one of these days!! I discovered something interesting today. I need to have enough protein in a day before I go to the gym to do some walking. I had to cut my walk short today because my left leg started cramping up in several spots and then my right leg started in. I need more protein BEFORE I exercise. I had a shake and a boost ready for after...but I had maybe 160 calories from 7am to 6pm (like 11 hours there, people) and it just was not enough for me.

I am in ketosis. I have ketone strips that tell me if I'm in ketosis or not. I am mild to moderately right now --SO, that means that my body burns fat for energy but when I need MORE energy than that natural burn of calories that everyone burns per day, I need more protein or at least a little bit of high glycemic carbs to give my muscles energy so they don't get all flooded with lactic acid or whatever immediately when being worked out. So, lesson learned.

Chicken breast is in the oven and chopped broccoli is steaming in the microwave and it's all about ready to eat.

Take care friends. Loving yourself is the best thing you can ever do for yourself.

No comments: