Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Friday!!! It seems like just yesterday was the last Friday. That's how wonderful and crazy this week has been. It' been really fun. I feel really good and I am happy.
I have decided that I have to NOT use my Le-Vel shake on even days as the only breakfast I have. I get way too hungry by 4pm. Today I came home to eat before going back for an event at work (which, really, is more fun than work to be sure!!!) and I was STARVING so I ate a bunch of Hillshire Farms Turkey Little Smokies. As far as hot dogs go, they hit the spot and are less fat, calories, and even carbs. BUT - that's a lot of calories that I really don't need. Or maybe I do? I don't know. I have chicken in the oven but I also ate some salt & vinegar crisps from IP after eating my little smokies. I am still hungry.
Today a co-worker told me I am "melting away". It was in the middle of a hectic hour so I was dumbfounded & didn't understand what she meant --all I could think of was that my brain was melting away at the time!!! Then I got it right as she said she meant losing weight. It was so nice to hear others are noticing I'm getting thinner. Every once in a while I'm asked my "secret". It's no secret - I eat veggies like they are going out of style and lean protein every day and supplement with protein shakes and/or high protein products. Ideal Protein is merely a source of that protein. Depending on who asks and the context of it, I do not bring up the Ideal Protein. I don't feel I've been on the Le-Vel stuff long enough to give good advice nor attribute it to part of my weight loss, so I have not said anything to anyone about switching to those vitamins & supplements.
This morning I tried on a light jacket I had bought in September. I could BARELY zip it up then. Now I can zip it just fine and would even wear it - but it's just way too cold to wear that as a jacket and it LOOKS like a jacket...not something like a sweatshirt or other stylish jacket. I did wear one of my jackets that BARELY fit me in September and it's getting loose. In fact, that's why I tried on the smaller jacket - I am getting really cognizant of loose and baggy clothes and this particular jacket-slash-sweatshirt is getting baggy. It's still tightish around my middle - especially my abdomen/hips area, but from my just below my boobs up through my arms, it's getting roomy. That is AWESOME. I love this feeling - and I do attribute my ability to wear clothes I only DREAMED I would be able to wear last spring to my good mood lately. I feel very empowered, solid, and confident. My hard choices are paying off and people just know now that I eat things that are good for me - and MAYBE once in a while I don't.
I think most people don't realize how badly they eat. They do detoxes or other weird crash diets or work out like crazy but it never lasts - because they do not change their eating habits. I swear to God, eating habits are they KEY to being healthy. What you put into your body is what it uses to keep you alive. If you keep putting crap into it and taxing your internal organs with all the sugar and simple carb flooding, you will not feel good nor will you look good. You won't BE good. You will feel more stress, will sleep worse, will react more negatively to the world, and you will just be TIRED. Tired physically, mentally, emotionally, and maybe even spiritually.
I am a HUGE proponent of you are what you eat and a HUGE proponent of limiting carbohydrates in your diet.
I'm not on a diet, I am eating healthy and choosing what I want my body to have to help me live. Yeah, some foods are really REALLY tastey. But that doesn't last. Good health LASTS.
Now, the ironic thing here is that I'm probably dying of cancer right now or I have some other hidden disease - or I'll die in a freak (or ordinary) accident tonight and my life will be over. But hell...I wanna FEEL FUCKING GOOD while I'm alive and if that means saying no to stuff that's not good for me - then so be it. I'll live if I don't have that chocolate or those doritos (SAD FACE CUZ I DOOOOO LOVE DORITOS) or that beer. But I bet I will LIKE living if I don't because I won't have a food hangover OR food digestive issues. Oh digestive issues!! - THAT'S a topic of know-it-all-ness for another post. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment