Saturday, January 3, 2015

Saturdays Are Awesome

Today is day 6 of getting back to loving myself. Today I got out of bed at 8:30. I was awake by 7, but lounged for a good long while before I dragged myself out of bed. Then I did the stupid thing I do on weekends: Got into my car and went to Starbucks for a coffee because I've fooled myself into thinking it's faster than brewing my own. That done, I started working on my latest stained glass project. It was a real pain in the ass and I practiced my swearing today (it was phenomenal swearing, by the way). I finally finished as much as I can by about 4:30ish. Tomorrow I cement/mud it, cure it for a day or so and patina the solder joints so they match the darker lead color that occurs when I do the mudding process. And then it will be alllllll done.

Today I struggled to eat. I had a Le-Vel shake at around 10 when I remembered I had one shaken up before I went for coffee (I decided to have the shakes on even numbered days instead of trying to remember four times per week). Then I had to force myself to take a break and eat some red peppers and cucumbers. It took me quite a while to get the cucumbers eaten. I had 8 oz of chicken breast for dinner and a Le-Vel Boost, in hopes that my lack of veggies today did not result in a lack of vitamins and nutrients. Along with that, a bag of BBQ crisps from Ideal Protein.

I've got about 230-500 calories yet to eat today. I've only eaten 715 calories all day and that was tough to do. I am not hungry. I was hungry right before my chicken was finished baking and I can honestly say it was a real hunger. But 8 ounces is a lot of meat to chow down in one sitting in the "not hungry ever" state I'm in right now. This will pass, as I mentioned yesterday, but for now it's annoying.

No gym for me today. Maybe tomorrow. I wrestled with my glass thing way too much today. I am excited to go to work on Monday. I usually get about 4-7000 steps in a day at work and more if I have to be there in the evening for anything. That's great because I've been averaging about 2800 steps per day for over a week now!! Yikes! Routine is always nice - and as much as I like taking vacation days (and enjoying weekends!!!!), I like the routine of work as well.

I love my job. I make a point not to talk about it on this blog, but there will come a time I'll explain just how I like it and why. Everyone needs to have work they love and that doesn't feel like "work". I'm blessed to have that. :) I DO love my time off though and I think that's key for a healthy life - a balance of work and of play. Even if that "play" is watching documentaries for three days straight and completing projects around the house.

Have a great rest of the weekend, friends, and to be sure, I'll be posting tomorrow. I have a goal to post daily during the month of January and then at least weekly until I reach my weight goal. I have a feeling once I reach that, I'll have a fitness goal. Take care, be good to yourself, and learn to love yourself for who you are and where you are. It matters.

No comments: