Sunday, January 25, 2015

It's Laundry Day! A.K.A. Sunday. And Manifesto Day Apparently...

Today is one of those days that I have to myself to catch up on lifestuffs - like laundry, sweeping the floor, grocery shopping, and tieing up loose ends here and there. I've also started reading a book for work. I should treat myself and read a book for fun too later on today.

Today is also a day for getting back on protocol and treating myself to a successful week of eating within my goals. My goals for eating this week are: adequate veggie intake each day (four cups or more), adequate natural lean protein intake each day (preferably in the form of baked Chicken breast), adequate intake of IP products that are not restricted (which means eating IP products that have less than 7 net carbs per serving and more than 16 grams of protein per serving), and an abundance of water intake. I've noticed that lately I have been skimping on my water intake. That's an easy fix.

I am starting to wonder if instead of a morning 20oz mug of coffee, if I should just be drinking a morning 32oz bottle of water and save the coffee for later in the day. I love the taste of coffee and in the winter I savor its warmth, but I am beginning to think that it is stealing my water intake. A girl can only drink so much liquid in a day and water is by far the winner of all of the beverages one could be drinking in their day...so I'm going to try this concept this week. We'll see how it goes - and we'll see if I even remember I've said that's what I'm going to do. :)

I've several topics swimming in my brain to talk about, but they are not sorted out yet. I'm feeling the need to purge some stuff from my life in the form of things and in the form of maybe some people. I'm at a crossroads where I need to connect more with others and expand my world view a bit more - while at the same time living within my values and my purpose in life. My purpose is people - particularly kids. My purpose in life is working for the underdog - for the kid who is not popular, seen, heard, or regarded well. My purpose is to get those kids to feel good about themselves, feel empowerment and be the best that they can be in their life -to learn to SEE how awesome they are and the potential they have to be whatever they want to be and love themselves in the process. My purpose is also to help adults do that for kids as well - and ensure that they themselves are living their life not only for themselves but for others too. The connection to a community and connection to a higher purpose other than earning money is a value I have. The money will ALWAYS come - IF you are doing what you love to do and living "right". Living right to me means that you are kind, you make people feel important, you recognize that the differences we have in our friends, family, coworkers, and neighborhoods (even strangers) is to be honored and celebrated. Not berated or dismissed. I have a passion for bringing people together for a better purpose - for a purpose to make the world better and more connected. I can do this in my small world and it will leak out into the bigger world.

When I die, I want to be remembered as one who is a champion for not only the underdog, but one who encourages and empowers others to do the same. I want to leave a legacy of hope and of contentment -but a hungry contentment. Sometimes when one is content, they are/become passive in life and it's easy to hide or to go back into old habits which let in poisons to their wellbeing - into their relationships, into their self concept, into their spirituality, into the overall way they interact with the world and their worldview. I want to inspire a HUNGRY contentment - one that is reflected in the way a person is calm, centered, gentle with themselves, and how they harness positivity to increase the humanistic value of not only THEIR life, but of everyone's life around them. I want to be that change I want to see in people and in the world (thank you Ghandi). This is the type of world and the type of community (and the type of relationship) I want to live in. I want to DO, not just talk. I want to seek to understand, not judge and dismiss. I want to be FIRE...not fog or drizzle. I want others to take care of themselves in a positive way -not a selfish and fearful way. I WANT BRAVERY. I want to be with people who are BRAVE and who not only believe in but EXUDE possibility and "what if..." mindsets. I want to live in a world where I am surrounded by not only confidence BUT vulnerability too. I want to be able to BE vulnerable and be around others who are vulnerable with me. I want to live in a world where I can trust my closest relationships will allow me to be vulnerable at the same time I am strong and trust ME to accept and nurture their vulnerability as well. Vulnerability is strength and bravery when rooted in a purposeful life.

So...I guess I'm not asking for much, huh? :) I won't compromise on this, even if that means being alone -and I haven't. It tends to get me to a lonely place sometimes and I have machete'd myself out of that dark, lonely, scary, murky and thick forest so many times. I won't compromise on that. My purpose won't let me. I won't let me. I believe and therefore I know that "my time" is coming where I have everything. Maybe that's when I'm dead - but if I can make the world better on my own & all by myself in the life I've been given and in the life I get to work within, then I've led the best life anyone ever could -and if someone is lucky enough be able to share that along with me by my side, all the better for the world. I do not want to have a shelter with which to hide and lick my wounds. I want a Harley, a speedboat, a GTO with which to freaken floor it and enjoy the HELL out of life while spreading love, humor, and "what if's" to everyone else in the world. I want THAT kind of group-think. I want THAT kind of participation in the world and from the world. Bravery, possibilities, vulnerability, love, zestfulness, and kindness.

No comments: