Monday, January 5, 2015

Mondays are Marvelous!

Today is Day 8. WoooOOO!!!

I went back to work after a break and it was fantastic to get back into a routine. LOVIN IT. I also treated myself to the gym tonight. I walked about 35-40 mns and logged over 10,000 steps on my Fitbit One today. I had almost 5000 after work today -and I was in my office A LOT. Imagine what I could get if I spent time walking around more - AND going up and down the floors! :)

I forgot to bring veggies to work today, but I got some fresh ones from the cafeteria so it's ok. I very much prefer my cucumbers & red peppers that I usually have all the time but broccoli & celery was a good way to mix things up I guess. I ate more pork roast & sauerkraut for dinner and let me tell you- that meal is frugal in calories & big on protein and fiber! As it was, I ate four IP products today and probably good too because of the walking I did today. My protein intake today was around 168 grams and my carbohydrate intake was 51. Total calories today was only 1002. I feel like I ate A LOT today and I probably did.

I'm hoping I can get to sleep fast tonight. I'm sleeping well but not FALLING asleep well. I'm counting on the exercise to make my body tired.

My water intake is better now too now that I'm back at work. I usually go through 2-4 32oz bottles of water a day and than at least another in the evenings. That amount of water makes me feel hydrated and "right". I go to the bathroom A LOT, but I'm also in ketosis I think right now, so getting those ketones flushed out of my body is a very good thing.

I'm looking forward to getting to my weight goal and keeping my body out of ketosis for a while and eating "normally", with whole grains and high glycemic carbs added into my diet. Ketosis is a natural state, but I don't believe it is healthy to sustain more than 3-5 months at a time. I'm hoping to try to maintain this for a good month with the intention to stretch it into 4 months, to the end of April.

All I keep thinking is that I have 40-50 more pounds to lose and I'm looking forward to watching my weight drop off to meet that goal. Every choice I make activity wise and eating/drinking wise is going to affect that, so although life happens (and I have a lot of things coming up that will make it difficult to stick strictly to this way of eating), I am pretty motivated to make this happen. I've got a new focus and a new outlook. I know who I am inside - who I feel most comfortable thinking of myself as and I'm working on my outer body resembling that. Or at least as closely resembling as I can. :) It's going to be a wild trip!

Tomorrow is weigh in day. I'm not expecting a lot of loss. I usually don't lose right away in the first week after getting back on the protocol. But I DO lose very well after that for weeks on end.

Take care everyone and smile. Somebody loves you -and I sure hope that somebody is YOU.

No comments: