So it's Monday. I had a decision to make yesterday into today about exercise. For the past 2 weeks and possibly this week, my weight loss has not been as fast/big as I expect it to be. Usually when I am doing well on this diet, I lose much more than 2 pounds per week. I'm starting to think it is the exercise I'm getting and my body is hanging onto weight. Talking to others on Ideal Protein and my coach, I have decided this walking kick I'm on isn't benefiting me like I want it to. So I'm going to go the next two weeks with no exercise and just a strict sticking to the diet - which will be HARD this week because of work dinner/lunch commitments tomorrow through Friday. But my end goal is the weight loss and THEN the fitness goals kick in. I'll make sure I get more than about 6000 steps per day up to about 10000 and frankly that's easy if I get out of my office and walk around the building during my work day and have evening events. I just won't be looking at "working out". I think I may add some yoga because that stretching and subtle strengthening will benefit me a lot overall, but the walking is mostly out. My body just does not respond to BOTH dieting and exercise at the same time. I believe maintaining a weight loss & exercise will be a better combination and key to maintaining as well.
I ate a lot today. I was STARVING and really just snacky hungry today after work. I ate about 300 calories of protein more than I should have and it had a fairly high fat content and two extra Ideal Protein products that were "restricted" -meaning high in carbs. My calorie range today was over 1700. That's almost twice as much as I get each day usually. However, I was "smart" about my overeating and didn't eat junk. It was one of those days that just happens. I anticipate a "this is life and it just happens" moments this week with colleagues so I don't anticipate my loss being very good. However, I will still be on tract - it just might mean some real dedication and carefulness for a while after this week.
That's about all I have to say today. I will try to weigh in tomorrow but I have a 60mn window in which to do that and it's at a time that typically my coach isn't available. So I'll play that by ear.
So take care of yourself and be gentle with yourself. I promise to be gentle with myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment