Just wondering if I've said lately that I'm an impatient person? Because I am. I hate dieting because I hate waiting for results. BUT, I'm plugging away. It's been a good couple of days in Angela Land. I'm looking forward to no weird social situations where I slip up. Things will be good for about 2 weeks and then all hell will break loose third week of June when I go out of town for a work thing for a week. Blurg.....
I have nothing of real significance to say tonight. Just that people should keep doing what they're doing as long as it's helping others and making the world a better place. BUT, when you help others, keep something for yourself so you're actually of some good. No one likes anyone who is burnt out and negative all the time -or never has time for you. Know what's important to you regarding both who you choose to share you life with (friends, significant others, family members) and who's life you allow to be shared with you (same people). No one owes you anything, but you owe yourself everything. Choose those you spend your time with wisely.
One of my favorite authors passed away this week. I was mostly influenced by this woman's writings and I would not be in the successful spot I am today if I had not picked up "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" when I was 15/16 and read it...and then devoured the rest of her books and poetry. It took a while for me to find my "voice", and I'm probably not there yet, but she was one of the most wisest people I have ever read. My favorite and most close to my heart Maya Angelou quotes are coming up...
If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
Nothing will work unless you do.
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
A wise woman wishes to be no one's enemy; a wise woman refuses to be anyone's victim.
I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me.
Whatever you want to do, if you want to be great at it, you have to love it and be able to make sacrifices for it.
Laugh as much as possible and admit that you're the funniest person you ever met. You have to laugh. Admit that you're funny. Otherwise, you die in solemnity.
I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver.
Growing up, I decided, a long time ago, I wouldn't accept any manmade differences between human beings, differences made at somebody else's insistence or someone else's whim or convenience.
Listen to yourself and in that quietude, you might hear the voice of God.
You may not control all of the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.
Thank you, Dr. Angelou. You were a light, a beacon for me during my dark moments growing up & becoming Me.
1 comment:
Glad I found your blog Angela! Thank you.
Post a Comment