Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Eatin' Good

So remember my post a few days ago about my diet & all the food I have to eat sometimes? Tonight I baked a chicken breast with fresh mushrooms, plenty of seasoning, & minced garlic. I also baked some cauliflower after I tossed it with a little olive oil, salt, & Italian seasoning. Then I sautéed some shrimp with the juices from the baked chicken & garlic mushroom concoction. Omg. This was probably one of the tastiest things I've made in a while. I'm full. Oofda!! 

Here's a picture: 

Probably doesn't look like much & basically it's mostly the same color, but it was savory & mega high in protein (75gms) & low in carbs (13gms) & also relatively low in fat (14gms). 7 of those fat grams came from the olive oil I tossed the cauliflower in & 6 were from the 6 oz of chicken. The 4.5 oz of shrimp yielded 1 gram of fat. Thanks to My Fitness Pal for all the nutritional info (and I'd be LOST without logging my food intake each day).  

Bottom line- if you cook stuff right, you can eat restaurant quality stuff home-made that is healthy & good for you.  My desert was an Ideal Protein milk chocolate pudding with Walden Farms fat free/carb free/calorie free caramel syrup. That gave me 18 more grams of protein. 

It's been a good eating day. It was a good day all around- no headaches & no woozy feeling. I'm also not tired. Hooray! 

I have a roast in the crock pot for tomorrow. That's gonna ROCK!!!

No comments: