Tuesday, May 20, 2014

On Track

So it's Tuesday and along with it being my favorite day of the week (Tuesdays have always been my favorite day for some weird reason), it is weigh-in day. If you've been reading my blog, you know that I went off my strict-ish diet for a few days when I vacationed in Canada.

The end result was expected. I gained .6lbs so the scale reads 238.6lbs now (and interestingly my scale at home is once again exactly 5 pounds lighter). Let's put that into more perspective though. I lost 1 inch overall and stayed the same on body fat percentage. When one considers that it takes 3,500 calories ABOVE what your body uses daily (around 2000 for an average adult) to gain ONE pound of fat...in the grand scheme of things it's ok.

I'm fortunate that my coach is a sweet lady. She was worried when I came in because she knew I'd be out of town this last weekend and I think SHE dreaded what the scale would read more than I did. I was pleased with my results. She feels my gain/no loss is the result of water weight from some of the carbs and alcohol I had consumed on Saturday, as well as some of the dairy.

I've also been eating an extra "packet" of food now & then in the evenings. This is an issue because evenings and the dinner meal is usually my "bad" time for eating and making very bad food choices. If I want to change my behavior so that I have lasting good habits, I need to address this. Granted, it's only around 100 calories and the choices have been about 15 grams of protein and 10 or so grams of carbs, it's STILL a concern because of the behavior. I can't truly say that I'm hungry at those times...I just want to eat something more. The caloric amount has not put me over 950 calories per day, but like I said- just the behavior is an issue for me.

In a nutshell, I had a week's worth of stalling out. I'm sure I'll make up for it later as I go, and actually I feel I'm within my goal still because my big drop last week (over 7 pounds) put me ahead of where I had planned to be at that time. I am right on track of where I expected to be this week. I will have an entire week in June that I will be a bit concerned about (a work trip to San Diego), so that might be another week of stall. *shrug* It is what it is. No biggie.

No comments: