Monday, May 19, 2014

Intermission

I've got a long day today and I'm not yet done. I have a committee meeting at 7pm that will run late. Consequently I am home right now cooking up dinner...however, it will not be done cooking (baking chicken breasts in the oven) before I have to leave for the meeting. 90mns between stuff isn't quite enough time to run home and eat something fresh & healthy.

I'm back on track today. Well, I might be if I can figure out how to get 8oz of protein in me before 6:45! I have some backups that will work just fine, I think. Canned tuna & dill pickles to the rescue! LOL!

I can definitely tell I had to restart stuff and that it's good I did today. I'm tired and I have this background headache. I usually get headaches anyway if I eat a lot of sugar and simple carbs as well as soft drinks. I haven't had a softdrink since last Thursday when I had about 8 oz. That was enough for me. Why are softdrinks off the menu? It's not really much other than the acidity in them - especially the dark colas and even rootbeers (OH MY ROOTBEER, I MISS YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). It funks up the metabolism with something to do with alkaline balance & cell processes. Complicated and something I won't be able to explain well, but nonetheless, it is a "pass" when choosing something to drink that's not water. I adore sparkling water so I drink that in place of soda. It's good - I like the "burn" the carbonation has. That's one of the big things I like about beer, as a matter of fact. Weird, but there it is.

So now I'm off to scrounge up some tuna for myself and make it into a strange tuna salad with chopped pickles & lettuce! :)

No comments: