Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Big Mac Attack That Wasn't

I've been craving burgers lately - like the greasy, loaded burgers you can find in bars (cue JL Beers burgers....mmmmmmmmmmmmm...JL Beers.....). However, if you've been following this blog, you know that homey don't play that. For now. So for dinner tonight I made a "Big Mac Salad". Sounds good, huh? Well it was. I got the idea off of a bunch of Ideal Protein recipes my coach gave me. I embellished a bit mostly because I used more seasoning & onions.

Here's the "recipe" (and if you know me, you know there is no such thing as exact amounts in my kitchen...so this is a guestimation as to how much of each I put into the meal).

Throw all of this together in a big bowl (in this order):
+1 bag of shredded lettuce (yes, this is the only real "exact" amount I've got here...)
+red onion, chopped
+pickles, chopped (a lot of them)
+8oz or so of browned lean (93%) ground beef browned with salt & McCormick Grill Mates Steakhouse Onion Burger seasoning.
+green onion, chopped
+Walden Farms Thousand Island Dressing (just enough to bind stuff together...otherwise it tastes ishy)
+a bit more chopped pickles (you know, for the angels)

STIR IT.
EAT IT.


This ends up being the size of 4 non-squished Big Macs in the bowl and clocks in at 400 calories, 50g of protein, 15g of carbohydrates (8 are from the lettuce, the rest from the pickles & onions), and 16g of fat. If I would have used extra lean (96%) ground beef, I would have saved about 45 calories and 9 grams of fat. This is a lot of food. I almost added more lettuce 1/2 way through, but was already getting pretty stuffed.

I need about a cup and a half more veggies yet today and one more IP food to go. I am looking forward to munching on cucumbers & an IP protein drink while watching Cosmos.

Cosmos. The best show on TV right now.

No comments: