I love Saturdays. I have a Friday night ritual: I shut all of my alarms off (yeah...I need a few), get laundry together, make sure I have coffee, and spend time winding down until I'm too tired to keep my eyes open - as long as it takes. Then Saturday morning, I wake up usually sometime between 5:30-7 and have the choice - I could get out of bed, or go back to sleep. Going back to sleep usually wins 99% of the time. When I get up, I get up -no matter if it's 30mns later or 10am. It's the best feeling in the entire world for me. Sometimes Sundays are the same way, but I usually get up when I first wake up so that I'm tired enough to go to bed at a reasonable hour for the workweek to start.
Today I took my mom out for lunch (Mother's Day is tomorrow you know!). It was nice. I don't remember a time it was JUST she and I. Usually a sister tags along or my dad is with. It was good. I wasn't that impressed with the restaurant we went to, but the food was good and it hit the spot. The company was even better. :)
I find it difficult what to write about. I could write about how the diet is going- it's going very well though today I haven't gotten all of my vegetables in and am trying to make up for it tonight...but it's not gonna work out too well. I'm at the stage now where I am not hungry except for the morning. I do hate eating out on this diet though. Many places don't have IP friendly food (i.e., VEGETABLES!) and when I ask for strange things that usually aren't on the menu (just a bowl of lettuce- for my "just lettuce with oil and salt dressing" salad, no bread/buns, no dairy, nothing fried or sauced, etc) it can get annoying for my dining companions. So I let everyone order first and I order last. People look at you weird when you order plain soda water with a lime wedge at a bar - actually, I guess they automatically think I'm an recovering alcoholic or something. Whatever. It's my life, my choices, and my body I have to go home with every day. It matters not what others think because they won't be taking care of me -I take care of me.
Tomorrow I have a few things to accomplish -laundry, some cleaning, food prep for week, etc. Today I spent most of the day with family - my mom, a little bit with my dad & my nieces & brother/sister in law and one of my sisters. One of my nieces had a dance recital today and after that I headed home to do grocery shopping & some cooking/food prep already. I really need to do some deep cleaning and sorting out. Someday. I have tons of stuff to either sell or give away. I'm pretty sure I will just give stuff away because I'm too lazy to sell it. Oh well. If I donate the stuff to a thrift shop, someone who needs stuff and $$ more than me will benefit. That's better than hoarding all the money for myself I guess. I can take neither with me when I die.
On that happily depressing note, have yourself a wonderful day! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment