Tuesday, May 13, 2014

All Naked & Stuff

Alright. As promised I'm shedding the shields and posting my weight. Numbers, yes. Pictures, N.O. I draw the line there, so you'll just have to imagine my rolley polley self getting less and less rolley polley (and I CLEARLY do not know how to spell rolley polley) each week. It's gonna be FUN.

I lost 7.4 pounds this week. I lost a small baby's worth of weight. HA! I also lost a sh*t-ton of inches. Like around 12 or something like that -I forgot to ask but my coach was amazed. This is how my body works on this diet. It's amazing. 8 oz of "real" protein is a lot to eat each day. So is 4 cups of "approved" (i.e., low carb) veggies. I try to get in at least 2 cups of lettuce a day as well. Plus 3 Ideal Protein supplements. One was my breakfast today (it was like a granola bar), one was my lunch long with veggies and that was a blueberry-cranberry-pomegranate drink mix, and tonight I'll probably have a chocolate pudding because it is delicious! Or if I feel super snacky I'll have some BBQ flavored soy crisps. I feel like I'm eating all day long - and it looks like I'm eating all day long as well. Because I am eating all day long.

I started my weight at 245.4 pounds. YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still, this is NOT my highest-ever-in-my-life weight. But it was definitely TOO uncomfortable for me (205 was pretty uncomfortable for me). So now I'm 238.0 pounds. My scale at home says 233.ish. My coach claims the scale there is 5 pounds higher than any scale she's ever tried. I don't care. The weight number really isn't my concern nor my focus. My inches are, the way I feel is, and the size I'm getting to be is. I've got some really cute clothes I'd like to fit into again before they totally go out of style! LOL!!!!!!!! My goal is 50lbs lost by the time the next school year starts. Say I lose 3.5 pounds per week from now on, that will put me at around August 19th-26th-ish. Totally attainable. I'm STILL not done by then. My long range is 85lbs lost from 245lbs by Thanksgiving. I'd be ok with 75 pounds lost actually, so I'm not going to be too terribly militant about it.

So there's the naked truth of it, folks. I dropped a lot of pounds and inches this week, but I've only just started. Most if not all of that was the result of no more inflamation due to crap food and my body detoxing sugars & stuff. I won't lose this much each week - in fact, some weeks I will lose less than 1 pound. It's just how it goes. And remember, this isn't long term & this ISN'T sustainable -it's not supposed to be. This will be a shorter time period than growing a kid to give birth to. Perspective is everything, don't you think?

No comments: