I'm excited for weigh-in on Tuesday. I've had a VERY good week. So far. I wore a pair of capris that I haven't fit into since November. That's cool. I successfully got through a bridal shower today and tomorrow evening I have a reception thingy for work. I am told there will be cake.
I did a little shopping today and was pleased to stay out of the "fat lady" (my designation only) section. That's always been one of my goals for weight loss: shop in the misses section, not the women's section. I used to joke that I only want to shop "downstairs" - meaning at my local JCPenney store, the women's section is upstairs, up the escalator. The "regular" sized clothes are all downstairs (besides lingerie). So I want to be able to find clothes I want to buy in the downstairs sections of stores. I needed to find a shirt/blouse (I HATE the word "blouse") to wear with a suit for a work thing coming up. I didn't find one because I was looking for a specific color & style, but I did find some cute tops for summer that I will likely "grow out of" by mid-July. That'll be fun. They were pretty inexpensive and I can wear them to work this summer during my weight transition. Wooo HOoooo!!
I have a few favorite clothes that I am about 35 pounds away from and a few that I am about 60 pounds away from yet. I'll get to the first set in early August and the last set in late October probably. I'm still going with my goal of losing 85pounds. This would be a weight of 160lbs, which for my height puts me JUST at "overweight" according to BMI charts. Apparently, with my 5ft7inch frame, my "ideal weight" is between 120-160. I can't believe that low number. I think I would feel and look kinda emaciated at even 135. At my age of 41, I think being that thin would make me look older than I am -and that just would not work for me! ;) But nonetheless, I am on the road to lose at least 85lbs. Maybe I'll hit that by Christmas. Then I'd like to stick to that 160lbs for a while - try it on for size, so to speak and see what life brings me. I want to achieve weight loss maintenance. I have not achieved that in my life yet. I've lost & gained, lost & gained, etc...but the longest I kept off a weight loss within 10 pounds was about 10 months. I know I can lose weight. I've achieved that before, but I'd like to achieve maintenance of that 160lbs for at least 10 years! :)
Here I go, putting my over-achiever self on a new mission. I'll do it too. I've never not achieved something I decided I wanted and had control to get. I have control over this.
I got this.

No comments:
Post a Comment