Well, it's not so bad I guess. I lost four pounds. Now I'm at 234.6 pounds. Exactly 5lbs less than that on my home scale (229.6) and exactly 2 less on the scale at work (232.6).
I almost didn't post tonight -I'm kinda tapped out emotionally. I had a long day that I won't get into because it's all about work. This is a "no work" blog, darnnit! :)
Let's talk about exercise. I can feel that I've lost 11 pounds and it gives me more energy. That makes me want to hit the gym. HOWEVER, I'm only getting 900 or so calories a day. A lot of exercise - the kind that one needs to MAINTAIN a healthy weight & lifestyle - would be counterproductive right now. I will stop losing weight -or I'll lose weight but the weight will NOT be fat weight completely. Right now, the best way for my body to lose the weight it has gained is by diet choices and calorie restriction. Once I start plateauing and leveling off a bit (which should be around July or August), I will start doing more exercise.
What I want to do, however, is do some strength training - even if it's simply yoga. I won't be able to build a lot of muscle, but the muscle I will build will give me the biggest bang for my buck. It will certainly help my body NOT lose muscle as long as I remember not to over exert myself. Once you find yourself panting/needing BIG breaths to get the air your body needs, chances are, your body is also looking to replenish the energy you're expending. And it usually gets that through the protein you're eating since the carbohydrate level is so very low-and that means your body will burn muscle energy instead of fat energy. I want to maintain and build my lean muscle - and GET RID OF the fat.
BUT...this diet is expensive. I don't want to pay for a gym membership, a trainer, or even an exercise class (like yoga). The older I get, the older I feel and sometimes I feel like I'm my Grandma who can't walk or move around much because she's super stiff (among other ailments). I need ideas on zero cost but simple strength building exercises.
So, what have YOU found to be a good strength builder?
No comments:
Post a Comment