I have been debating something. I've already committed to doing this blog as a documentation of my weight loss/getting healthy journey. But the question is, "HOW committed" am I? Am I committed enough to put out a number? Do I want to be that transparent?? Do I really intend to "let it all hang out" and just go for broke??? Keeping a weight number private can be a sort of wall erected to stay safe & to hide. I need to get rid of that wall. As I told a friend to do before deciding upon their recent life change, "just burn it all down!!". I'm gonna do that too, in my way.
I started thinking about how I am motivated by things and how I compare myself to others -and some of that can be very motivating because if I can relate, I have more investment. I started to realize that if I want to be transparent (and that is a goal of mine for 2014) -really TRULY transparent, I will release all of my "ugly numbers". I will feel no shame - I'm on the right path, the hard work is mine -and I own that. Obviously the world can see I got fat so it's no surprise that my weight will be high. That's a no-duh.
So tomorrow I will post my weight at my weigh-in. I'll update each week and you will be able to see how I do. I'll be able to see how I do among the ashes.
And I'll feel more authentic.
No comments:
Post a Comment