Monday, May 5, 2014

Sir, There's a Bug in My Salad...

So I just ate dinner. A quick run home after work to bake 8oz of chicken breasts and micro-steam broccoli before a work meeting at 6:30 was in my plan for the day.

What WASN'T in my plan was sharing a salad with at least one dead bug.

While I was waiting for my chicken to bake, I threw some bagged lettuce into a bowl & tossed with salt & olive oil (try that some time...it's not ranch dressing but it sure is savory!!!) and chowed down. I should have known something was up because I had to pick out A LOT of browning pieces and the "eat by" date was quite a ways away. So I enjoyed my lettuce & salted olive oil until almost the last forkful. I moved some stuff around in the bowl & saw something that did not look like lettuce or shredded red cabbage (which was part of the bagged mix). It was a DEAD BUG. OMG. It wasn't big, but it was bigger than a woodtick but smaller than a housefly. Well, that made that forkful the LAST forkful. Where there's one bug, there's another so who knows how many bugs I ate tonight. Ugh. *SHUDDER*

So if I die, or if I turn into a bug or get some strange disease, it's because I did not wash my lettuce well enough and ate bug parts and parts that used to be IN the bug (i.e. poop, I'm sure). Ewwwwwww...

Well now my tummy is super full of chicken & broccoli and it's time to head back to work. Day two of this diet has given me a HUGE headache most of the afternoon. I'm also crazy tired. Since 2:00 I've felt like I could just fall asleep & stay that way all night long. A few more days of intermittent headaches and tired feelings and I'll be ok. About that time is when I start to have a hard time eating all my food for the day because I'm not hungry and I am not tired at all and can get by on little sleep. So I want to go to bed, but work calls.

No comments: