Today was a good day eating-wise. I had many, MANY opportunities to cheat. Even though I planned ahead, I really wanted a hamburger for lunch. Then I wanted Erberts & Gerberts for dinner. And I wanted chips and cheese and hershey's kisses and nuts and a HUGE LOADED baked potato. AND GUACAMOLE. I wanted guacamole like CRAZY. Ohhh myyyy godddd.
But I didn't eat any of that. I ate my IP products, red peppers, cucumbers, celery, and cold baked chicken breast. It is now close to 9pm and I STILL want that damned guacamole and chips. I want Doritos. I want a beer or a whiskey or both! I want a chicken quesadilla from Qdobas. I want a lot of stuff.
Today I won. Tomorrow is another day. One day, one hour, one minute, one second, one decision at a time.
I joined a group on Facebook for Ideal Protein phase 1 people. It's been a great resource for recipes but I've been just trolling the group, not participating. Tonight I posted my dilemna - my inability to follow the protocol for a good 4 weeks now and the struggle I'm having lately. It felt good to participate and haven't I been saying I need to participate in life more?? Do what I say...that is what I have to do, right? I keep harping on everyone else to do what they say they are going to do. Taking my own medicine isn't really that bad...it's good for me. :)
It's only Tuesday and I've had a helluva week. I won't get into it - it's all about work - and it hasn't been bad at all. Rather boring and non-eventful. But LONG and full of people. As an introvert, being around lots of people and talking with lots of people is very very draining. I'm drained. And my whole body hurts. I've been "on" for 14-15 hours per day with little reprieve. I LOVE MY JOB...but the joy of it and the fun stuff in it is kicking my ass this week already.
Take care of yourself. Tell people you love them - any form of love for crying out loud. Don't withhold your feelings. When people die, they are GONE. You'll never get to share fun laughs or quiet moments with them again. Don't be a jerk or an asshole. Be kind and be giving.
No comments:
Post a Comment