My day went incredibly well! To reduce temptation to eat something off protocol, I did not stay at my conference for lunch. Instead, I found a grocery store nearby and had jicama sticks. That stuff is DELICIOUS!!! I did eat a lot of beef jerky on my drive home- so I need to cut out the salty and hidden sugar stuff all weekend. I am hoping to meet a weight of low 190's on my weigh in on Tuesday.
This weekend I'm trying some new recipes using Ideal Protein foods - particularly the soups and "fake" mashed potatoes. There's a way to make the soups and the potatoes into tortillas for wraps. That sounds like an exciting thing in my world!! I'm also going to use some of the crisps as breading for chicken and baking some up like shake & bake chicken. I have high hopes for this!! And finally, I am hoping to make a variety of jicama "fries" - seasoned, spicy, and "sweet" with cinnamon (and a tiny bit of truvia for the sweet).
I feel like I'm in ketosis because I'm not hungry and when I am, I get full FAST. Also, I can tell because my brain gets fuzzy & sluggish until I eat something. That means I AM in ketosis because my body (and brain) is not using carbs for glucose/energy...it's burning fat cells for energy and that does not fuel the brain. This is a reason why I like eating red peppers and other raw veggies for lunch. I graze from about 10:30-2:30 and that keeps my brain fed with "good" carbs to use for energy.
I was SUPER tiredish and quiet/withdrawn today when I got home until I had a chance to eat a naked double chicken salad at Qdoba. Then my brain perked right up & I was a chatterbox. I love this way of eating and I feel sooooo much healthier. It's so simple too- but SO hard because there is just so much food that is full of sauces that are high in fat and sugar and just simply stuff that is too carby: foods made from grains like bread, pasta & pastries and starchy veggies & grains like rice. There will be a time when I eat this stuff more regularly instead of "once in a long while", but honestly, I do not miss most of that food. And I feel really good not eating that stuff.
But nothing beats Doritos.
No comments:
Post a Comment