Monday, February 16, 2015

One More Post...

Tomorrow I have to go back to work. I LOVE my job....but I LOVE sleeping in!!! :) I've had a very good, restful, and calm weekend. Some fun, mostly relaxing, and a little bit of housework. Sometimes puttering around the house is very fun. It's like my brain gets into an alternative plane when I clean or sort stuff. It's pretty cool. But back to my first sentence...back to work tomorrow! I'm looking forward to summer, when it's a bit slower and quieter and I can take a day off at whim when I want to. I have a few stained glass projects that have been bubbling up in my brain. I bought some glass at one of my favorite glass shops recently and saw a few more there that I would LOVE to create stuff with. Once spring hits, I'll take another shopping trip but now when the snow is here, I'm a little choosey with what I will complete.

I'm really excited to see what my weigh in will be tomorrow. I'm not expecting a BIG loss...more of a 3-5lb loss because I've been slacking on my water intake the last few days and have been eating a lot more calories than "normal", but I sure am fitting into stuff I couldn't a few weeks ago and I'm definitely on my way to my goal in late April.

I'm cooking a trip in my head that would take place in June. I'm not sure I will be able to work out the logistics before then, but if, say, I get diagnosed with cancer before then or something like that, I'll throw caution to the wind and do it without a lot of planning. However...I think I'm going to skip this epic trip and research more and more before I plan it. Maybe I will spend the summer scouting out the trip - taking a quick visit to the locations I'm thinking of, so when I am ready, I can execute it with confidence. I have a lot of confidence for the second leg of the trip (which is basically a three day total trip)...but not my first leg. There is much to consider and look into first before I feel comfortable with it. BUT...perhaps I just need to wing it and just do it! BUT then again - I am a perfectionist and this trip needs to be perfect and fit well into basically one day with two days of travel on either end, so there is much to plan I guess.

On another note all together, I'm so very frustrated with my skin right now. I'm breaking out like CRAZY lately with very cystic acne. I'm actually thinking it is the Le-Vel Thrive stuff because it started when I started taking that stuff. It's been two months, so things should be settling down, not flaring up so I need a trip to the dermatologist again. I have my yearly physical in the beginning of March, so if I can swing it, I think I will visit my dermatologist (which is a high quality clinic but really expensive) first. Time will tell though. I want to have all of my acne concerns resolved by the end of April, when I hope to achieve my weight loss goals.

That being said, I'm between sizes again. Some clothes are still too tight but others are visibly too loose. I have a pair of jeans in the dryer right now that I need to put in my "too big" pile right now. I have two huge yardwork/leaf sized bags of too-big clothes ready to go to a thrift store right now in the back seat of my car. But that compilation continues.

Ok. I HAVE to make a commitment to myself to get my tattoo. Let's say that by the end of March I will be inked. I've thought about this since 1994...and I've finally decided upon not only an image, but a location in which to tattoo it. So that means I'll have some ink on my before I turn 42. It's about time, goddamn it.

This has been a hodgepodge of a post! I really don't want to go back to work only because I don't want to have to get out of bed before I wake up wanting to get out of bed. I have a slow week but a fun week full of meetings and get-togethers with colleagues. It will be a good time, but I still want to sleep in!! Oh well. That's what being an adult is about, I guess.

Take care and take care of yourself so you can take care of those you love. Always remember - YOU come first. Only then after you take care of yourself are you any good to anyone else. Cheers!!!

No comments: