Sunday, February 15, 2015

Sunday Plans

Hello everyone. Or hello, one person who accidentally stumbles across this blog. It's Sunday and I have a litany of things to get done today. First off, laundry - towels and stuff. While those are washing, I have a few odds & ends to take care of. However - I am stuck in a crabby mode. I have a roommate who is my 22 yr old sister. It is so obvious how old she is because that's how she cleans/manages the house. Like a 22yr old college student. There are times it drives me nuts because I go in streaks where I don't want ANYTHING laying around on counter-tops or surfaces. I don't want glasses left in the living room for days or hair all over the sink/bleeding off of the brushes onto the counter in the bathroom. I don't want dishes piling up.

BUT-- Sometimes it doesn't bother me and I do that kind of stuff. I leave stuff laying around that bugs the shit out of her and I do stuff that really bugs her too. So it's a two way street. I spent 15 years of my adult life living by myself. It has been VERY hard sharing a space with another person. I struggle with it A LOT. So when I get sick of sharing space with someone else or even having to TALK to someone not in my age and maturity range, I take a "house break" and either visit friends or go do something by myself until the that feeling passes. It seems to be working out.

Getting back to my original conversation here - I have lots to do today. I am meeting a friend for coffee in a little bit, then going grocery shopping. I have big plans to try out some recipes and cook. However, it seems my roommate will be home for the next two days so she'll be underfoot, messing up my kitchen as I try to do this stuff. I HATE cooking in a messy kitchen - especially if it's a new recipe or something I need to be careful with and follow directions correctly. So I'm going to cut down on that and do 2 recipes instead of the 4-6 I wanted to try. Then, maybe I'll be able to try other recipes in the next few weeks when I'm lucky to come home to a clean kitchen (haha) and actually have the time to cook.

After the shopping and food prep for the week (you know, cutting up veggies & stuff), I have a bunch of clothes to bundle up and take over to the thrift store. I need to clean out my bedroom and my dresser drawers too because I found out I have a bunch of clothes "hiding" in there that are way too big for me now. So - lots to do. Tomorrow I have off, so thankfully I can do laundry that day and continue my cleaning and culling out of old clothes. I'd like to get the place dusted and bathrooms cleaned. The upstairs one is disgusting again.

No comments: