Sunday, February 1, 2015

It's STILL Saturday Because I Say It Is.

Ok, so I forgot to post "yesterday". To me it is still Saturday because I haven't gone to sleep yet. Busy day today. Terrible eating, but that's been the norm lately. I'll kick things into gear on Monday.

I do stained glass and I have a few pieces that I need to build frames for. A friend and I did that today...or at least we ATTEMPTED to build frames. We got one piece about 80% done and then disaster struck -it was slow going already with a lot of snafus. So I think we're going to tear that apart and start all over again some other time. It's really really cold and building frames in a non-insulated garage with a small propane heater (which heats MY garage like a dream...but mine is insulated very well) on a day that was about 10 degrees and windy meant that quitting time came about 3:30 -and no more frames are going to be built soon under those conditions. So, lunch, visiting, music scouting, vacuuming, cleaning/picking up, impromptu movie, & late night coffee & pie pit stop meant busy day and blogging was not on my mind.

I saw American Sniper. It was pretty good and I never want to read the book. Ever. The movie was enough for me and I think it captured the human side of the "typical" Navy Seal sniper well. Not like I know any in real life though I guess. But again, the movie was enough and though I have never been in the military or in any kind of war situation, I have a very hard time not feeling like I am actually THERE part of things. I've always had that problem - even if not personally experiencing things, I am affected by seeing, hearing about, or reading about different tragedies, conflicts, even good things. I will have a hard time getting this movie out of my head and all the feelings washed out before I feel normal again.

So drinking a half a pot of coffee at 10:30pm is really not too good of an idea. At the time I thought it was ok and was even tired enough to get to bed for a little bit. But the eyeball is hurting and my body is restless due to the caffeine.

Tomorrow is laundry day! YIPEEE!!!! And maybe meeting a friend for MORE coffee in the early afternoon and then probably watching the superbowl...because I'm a closet football watcher. SHhhhhhh...don't tell anyone. But in reality, I think the NFL is a joke and that level of football is not "real" football. High school and some college football is "real" football. NFL is way too orchestrated and big business. In fact, I hate the NFL. But I'll watch games and watch the Superbowl. Why not!? I AM an American I guess and watching the Superbowl is what we Americans do apparently.

So now I'm going to try to get some shuteye. I should either watch something or read a book to get the movie out of my head and maybe I will actually sleep better.

Be gentle with yourself. Things will always work out.

No comments: