So I never went off the rails last night. Things were normal and on protocol. I did eat a few extra calories than normal & my carb count was really high...but I found out that I put on about 11,000 steps at work that day and I probably needed the extra food.
Today was a good day. My favorite part was in the evening when I was getting ready to go in for a few hours to work. I wore a pair of jeans (size 14) that were crazy small on my about 2-4 weeks ago (I can't remember when I had bought them...I think it was early January) and an Under Armor jacket that I bought WAY back in September that was way too small for me at that time -and even too small at Christmas time. It is a large and it fits now. Snugly, but it doesn't look "too small". It just looks like it's very fitted - which is is designed to look like a little bit.
So I had a very nice Non Scale Victory tonight!! I love moments like this because it keeps me motivated. I tried on that suit jacket I bought a few weeks ago when I was at my conference and it is very much still too small for me (it's a large), but before I know it, if I keep on this streak of good and careful eating, it will fit.
I have plans for a small personal celebration for myself in mid-March when I get down 10-15 more pounds. I have a few sports teams shirts I bought recently that I should be able to fit into about that time. I am also planning on taking a small break to eat some yummy food - in moderation of course. I also need to get off my ass and get my tattoo I had promised myself 10 years ago if I ever got down to a size 14. I'm there. And I have the design and the location picked out. Time to quit talking about it and DO IT.
A bit of my own medicine is necessary -and every once in a while I have to force that medicine down my throat.
So, my wonderful blog readers, whoever you are --keep being gentle with yourself and be sure to stand up for what you know you need. Don't let people railroad you. BE HONEST with others and with yourself!
No comments:
Post a Comment