I tried roasted radishes today. I saw the recipe on one of my newly joined Facebook pages and thought I'd give it a try.
Never again. Ever.
While the "bite" of the radishes were taken away from the roasting (essentially just baking), coupled with the salt, pepper, a smidge of onion powder, and some oregano spritzed with some grapeseed oil, it was just not tastey. At first I felt like maybe it was a home run thing and something I'd eat all the time. Nope. After bite three or four I realized I hated them. I can't describe the flavor - you could tell it was a radish but it was NOTHING like roasted red potatoes as the people posting on the pages let on.
So that was a strike out. Maybe I'll try it again some day. I had spicy baked chicken with it and maybe the flavors were all just too strong. Maybe a chicken breast baked with salt, pepper, and oregano would make the meal better - instead of with the fajita seasoning I used. - which is usually my FAVORITE thing to put on a baked chicken breast.
Oh well! I tried it and learned that I don't prefer it. At least not right now.
I've been doing VERY good with the diet lately and that is great! Perhaps by Tuesday on my weigh in, I will actually be below the 190's! That would be great. I wore clothes that were too small for me today. I knew it when I put them on and it was really evident as the day wore on. If I can hike a pair of pants OVER my michelin tire (i.e. my middle!), then I know it's too big. A sure thing is when I can take off the pants and/or jeans without unbuttoning/unzipping them. So I've started another pile of clothes I've grown out of. That's pretty neat!
That is all for today. Note to self: Roasted radishes are gross. Take note, loyal blog readers! Try it for yourself, but they sucked. Blech!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment