Wow, what a difference one day of good eating and drinking water makes!! I feel awesome today - or rather, I feel normal. I had a good day at work - nothing too crazy or difficult today. After work we had our weekly Weight Loss Wellness. Since we started 4 weeks ago I've lost 12 pounds or something. 204 when I weighed in on Feb 2 and 191 today. That's 13 pounds I guess. That's pretty darned good! So I can probably say that in a month I've lost 10 lbs. I can tell. I'm running out of clothes to "grow into" as well. I have only three more pants that don't fit yet...and those three are long shots - small 12's and one 10. A great spring goal for me!! I also have a medium shirt/sweater thing that I bought a few weeks ago. I was going to get the large size because that would fit me now, but thought I needed something to look forward to. I'm sure glad I did that! :)
Tonight I made chicken fried rice...without the rice. I used cauliflower that I grated so it was like small grains of rice. First I sauteed strips of chicken breast in a little grapeseed oil seasoned with seasoned salt, onion powder, and soy sauce. Then set that aside as I sauteed the cauliflower (which amounted to about 2 cups) with chopped green onion, a big handful of spinach and about a cup of chopped broccoli. I used more grapeseed oil, a teaspoon or so of ginger paste, soy sauce, and about one to two egg whites (1/3 cup of liquid egg whites). Mixed all together it was a HUGE plateful and very delicious!
I tried making a tortilla out of the potato puree Ideal Protein packet and it ended up being more of the consistency and about as flat as Naan bread. It was ok - I put some parsley and oregano in the mix to season it a bit. I would definitely make it again because it held up well as a wrap. The batter is so sticky though, that I will have to really use a lot of Pam spray to keep it from sticking to the spatula. I think if I make it a bit thinner, I can more so pour it into a pan to fry it like a pancake. I only mixed it with an ounce of water, so it was like bread dough and pretty sticky - difficult to spread out to make a nice tortilla. But it cooked up nice and I was able to flip it by shaking the pan - so that was pretty cool!
So I had a good day. I did dishes, laundry, cut up all my veggies finally for the week, and pretty much planned out the rest of my meals this week. Tomorrow I think that I will make little hamburgers again and make little slider "buns" out of a Leek Soup from Ideal Protein that I have. I think I'm out of hamburger though, so I'll have to pick some up. If I don't do that, I'll just have chicken again. What I SHOULD do is crock pot some split chicken breasts tonight and have seasoned shredded chicken. Maybe that can be one of my weekend cooking adventures!
I got my blood drawn today for my physical and wow did they take a lot out! Then I had my three week PRK procedure checkup at my eye doctor. My eye is doing great and my right eye has ZERO astigmatism!! That's fantastic! With the Lasik I still had a tish of astigmatism afterwards, so this is good news. :)
That's all tonight folks. Life is good and I FEEL good today finally. Take care of yourself and laugh at yourself...you've got to find humor in most everything or you'll just be a big Grumpy McGrumperson. And nobody likes Grumpy McGrumperson.
No comments:
Post a Comment