Today after work I went to Fargo to meet up with my parents and little sister Audrey & a friend of hers. Dad wanted a wool car coat for his funeral home part time job and I decided to just buy it for him for Christmas. He picked the one out that he liked best and was very pleased. Mom and I dropped Audrey & her friend off at Gordmans while dad went to Fleet Farm, then went to Lowes to pick up a gift certificate for someone and met dad at Sams Club so he could buy candy bars for the kids on his bus route (yet another part time job). Mom also got some very nice sweaters at JCPenney. We all went to Denny's for supper. That was ok...I should have just had a hamburger or something because the chicken sizzling skillet I had was not quite what the delicious picture showed. I think I had one strip of green pepper and no red pepper, when the picture showed a very nice grilled portion of both. Oh well!
I did some errand running after that and got back to Ada after 10pm. I visited with Jami & Shaun and we talked about how we were going to do our "Christmas" tomorrow. For about 7-8 years now, the three of us have had our own Christmas party with gift exchanges and big meal. The last few years we've gotten too lazy to cook a fancy meal and we just do hors'devores (how do you spell that???) now and munch throughout the day.
I hope we get a blizzard Sunday. I'll miss working at JCP, but I'll have a chance to get my DVR cleaned out. It's a persistent problem for me. I'm way too busy. I also have a few gifts left to wrap and some cleaning up to do in my apartment. I also need to sleep in. I have gotten up before 6am every day this week and have not gone to bed until after 12am with the exception of Wednesday where I literally laid down my head on the pillow after slappin on the CPap and fell asleep. I've never fallen asleep that fast in my life!! I can't sleep in tomorrow either because I have a 9:30 haircut in Fargo. At least I can sleep in until about 7:30 or 8 (at the very latest). Then it's off to Jami and Shaun's for Christmas! I'm excited to give them the gifts I got them.
Geez....it's very close to Christmas by now. This will post as a Saturday entry since it's after midnight when I'm writing this, so I guess there are only 12 days until Christmas now.
One sad thing...My uncle Paul was taken off of life support and medications today. I hope and pray that he goes in peace or heals in peace. Whichever is his destiny, I also hope his family can get through this. I'm glad he was able to be awake and interacting with others for a short time after he was stabilized the first time. I hope his kids took the advantage to let him know how they feel about him and each other. I know if I were to die, I would not want my family to feel as if they "never told me how they feel" or what not. I know. Regrets are pointless and do nothing but keep a person from living the life they were meant to live. So, I'm praying for Paul tonight and for Christopher & his family and also for Doug & his family. I'm also praying for my mom who already lost her big sister a couple of years ago. On an interesting note that's made me pause to think now and then, on the Sunday that Paul had his aneurysm which caused his car accident, the readings for Mass that week were focused on the fact that one should be ready and vigilant because one never knows when it might be "their turn" or never know when Jesus will come back. It was the beginning of Advent. How eerily appropriate and prophetic those bible passages were for Paul on that day. What an eery and chilling demonstration of those very words.
BTW...you know how many days until Christmas...
No comments:
Post a Comment