Sunday, December 28, 2008

Santa Brought Me Presents!!

Well, Christmas is done and over with. I had a very nice weekend with family celebrating Christmas. My nieces and nephew are growing up and my brothers and sisters are getting mellower in their old age. (haha). I'm glad to be home and am looking forward to relaxing here and catching up on some cleaning -and getting my tax documents in order.

I got a few things for Christmas. My very favorite thing was a hardanger table doily thing from my Grandma Rotta. Usually she gives me a savings bond, but last spring she made a table runner for me and I loved it so much that I told her that if she wanted, she could give me any old hardanger piece she had laying around instead of spending money on a savings bond for me. Well, she did that! I don't even want to use it...I want to put it away and keep it forever.

Andy had my name this year and he gave me a set of stainless steel canisters I had wanted and looked around for. He also gave me a gift certificate to Barnes & Noble. That was a pretty sweet deal. Chris and Darrel (my godmother and her husband -my aunt & uncle) gave me a lovely angel statue, coffee, and a caribou coffee gift certificate. That was awesome. Amelia even gave me a present: a "sisters" necklace. It's really cute. Of course, mom and dad gave cash this year as they have for at least the last 12 years. I also had bought myself a 5.5quart enameled cast iron oval covered dutch oven. I got it on an awesome sale and have been wanting one for a long time. I wrapped it up and put "buddy" on the from spot. So, my dog gave me a pretty awesome present this year too.

Otherwise, that's about it. What I liked most are the gifts I gave. I can't wait until Ben opens his presents when Anna gets them to him. I wish I could be there to see him open them!! They are all awesome.

I went to visit my grandparents on the Doll side on Sunday on my way out of town. It's always good going there. Grandpa was getting ready to watch his vikings game and grandma was encouraging everyone to get something to eat. Just like the old days. :-) Grandma was in a good mood and chattered on and on about how many grandkids had come over to visit them over the last few days. I left shortly after my aunt Dorothy and uncle Dave showed up with their kids, Clayton and Molly. It was really nice to see them, too.

Well, I'm off to indulge in my secret obsession right now: Days of our Lives. Yep. I got suckered into that soap again. I fast forward through most of it, so one 60 mn episode takes me about 15-20mn to get through....but I've got to go through them all and I've got about 17 to go before I'm up to date!!!! I don't even want to know what else I've got on my DVR. I should make it a goal to have 95 hours left on my DVR over vacation (I have about 100 hours of memory).

2 comments:

Ben Meyer said...

Sounds like you had quite the haul there!

Let me say "THANK YOU" a million times over for all the awesome kitchen gadgets you sent down for me. Everything is perfect, and the cast iron enameled dutch oven was a big surprise! I've always wanted one of those.

Next time you're down, I'm going to cook up something special!

Angela said...

You are so very welcome. I actually have the very same dutch oven I gave you and I can testify that it is very awesome. Very often, that is the only thing I use. I've made soups, chili, even casseroles in it. The next thing I am planning to cook in it is a roast.

Glad you liked the stuff and I'll hold you to your promise to cook something special the next time I come down to visit. :-)

Merry Christmas!