Monday, December 8, 2008

The Early Bird Catches Pink Eye

I got up super early this morning (well, for me anyway) because I had to drive to Oklee for an 8:00 meeting. I knew it was snowing and wanted to be sure to have enough time. In my drowsy morning stupor, I jumped out of bed, really concentrated on getting ready, made haste and got 1/2 way to Fertile and thought....OMG, it's only 6:15...I am 1/2 an hour EARLY. So, once I got to my office, I shoveled/pushed (I have this awesome orange snow pusher on wheels instead of a shovel) snow off the sidewalk in front of my building, made coffee, did my morning lesson prep stuff, and replied to some emails left over from Friday. I still had enough time to make it to Oklee with 15 mn to spare.

HOWEVER, I thought I had pink eye! I still kinda wonder, but my eye is not pink anymore. It was pink and weepy when I woke up and pink until I got back to Fertile at 9:20. It's not too pink right now this afternoon or too weepy, but it is getting a little itchy. SO, we'll have to see.

I think pink eye is hilarious. It's completely ridiculous. It's totally a public health concern, so you've got to go home and wait until 24hrs AFTER you put your first dose of medication in your eye. That's like playing hookey!!! PLUS, you're not REALLY that sick. Yeah, your eye itches, it waters, it hurts, burns, is puffy...whatever. You're not horking up a lung, feel run over by a truck, puking your guts out (or experiencing your guts flying out the other end)...you just have PINK EYE and are incredibly contagious to everyone and anything. I love it!!! What a completely ABSURD illness to experience!! :-) Still....I do hope I do not have pink eye because I have a busy week this week and do not want to have to miss work. So, in that way it sucks.

My brother Albert called me this morning completely excited about driving the car I am going to get (Pontiac G8 for any of you who are new to this blog....welcome) because he was driving around DL and on Hwy 10 "testing" out the rear wheel drive and all the stabilitracking stuff that keeps you out of skids. He was amazed at how awesome it is. Well, of course it's awesome. I picked that kind of car to buy!! Anyway, I got all excited and all nervous someone would buy it soon so I made an appointment to go to DL tomorrow after work to test it out. Hopefully no meetings will pop up and I'll be able to do that!! I am SOOO excited to drive that car on ice and slippery roads. I hope they get a TON of snow because I want to see how it plows through snow too. If it wasn't white, I'd talk them down to a nice price and buy it January 1st. But I HATE white cars (my current one is white and I HATE it), so I'm just gonna bide my time and wait...

Are you done with your Christmas shopping? I just bought my dog a gift last night! Well, he's not REALLY my dog, but he's my mom and dad's dog. I call him my dog cuz I bought him and quite literally MADE my parents keep him as their pet (I did only intend on them keeping him...never me). So, Buddy gets something special to help him look pretty and stay healthy!!! He reads this blog so I can't say what it is.

I also have to admit something.....I went a little crazy Friday night and I bought myself a present. Amazon.com was having a Gold Box special on the complete X-files collector's set. OMG, I've been wanting this forever and they had it down to $130. So, Merry Christmas to me!!! :-)

BTW...17 more days until Christmas...

No comments: