Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Hey-ohhhhh...........

What the hell does "hey-ohhh" mean and where did it come from? Actually, more importantly, why is it in my head tonight?

It's snowing. Again. Ok. I like snow. I've said it time and time again and I'll go to sleep dreaming about the snow I'll push off my sidewalk tomorrow, but snow again? I mean, really?? Every other day it snows? Really???

Tomorrow is fun day at the transition school. I let my students find a movie from one of the two dinky video rental places in Fertile this afternoon. I only let them watch PG-13, PG, or G rated movies, unless it's specifically for something academic and I get permission forms from parents. The kids HATE that they can't watch anything rated R. HAHA. Too bad!!! So, anyway, they wanted to watch either House Bunny or Black Christmas (which, by the way is already "disqualified" because it's rated R)...but they picked out "Snow Buddies" or something like that -a cutesy G rated movie with a bunch of puppies and dogs in it. These kids are weird and surprise me every day with the vast depth of their personalities. When they let their guards down they are fascinating!!! My job is awesome.

So Christmas is in two or three more days. I forget (can you believe THAT!!??). I have to work at JCP's from 6:45am-3:30pm on Christmas eve and I can't decide if I should stay in town for church at 5pm or go home and go to church the next morning at 8:30 or 10:30. I'd like to go Wednesday because then I can sleep all day Christmas Day. Merry Christmas to me!!!! I'm making chili that day though. I think I've decided to make it at my house and bring it pre-made to Perham for the weekend. I have all my seasonings and stuff here, so I might as well just cook it up on Thursday and refrigerate it. The flavors should meld together awesomely by Saturday!!!

I had to run to Fargo early tonight because this weekend I broke a piece off of my CPap mask and it did not "work" anymore. Thank God they had a replacement! I can't wait to go to bed.

That reminds me...I should really be getting to bed! It's 12:30am already! I worked at JCP tonight until 10pm and did a little last minute shopping and didn't get out of town until about 10:45. It was snowy and a little blowy on the drive home so it took me a little longer to get home than usual. then I had to check emails, of course, and get a bug up my ass to write on here. So, goodnight!!

No comments: