Thursday, December 25, 2008

Ho Ho Ho and a Bottle of Jameson

Merry Christmas to all! Today I woke up at 8:30 and then went back to bed until 11:30!! It was awesome. I gathered my presents together and packed my bag for going to Perham for the weekend. Then, I got my chili going. I hope it will be awesome. Only time will tell!! :-) I might pack my chili and some presents in the car tonight so I don't have to do it all tomorrow morning. I'll have to be careful and pack the stuff that is ok to get frozen solid! :-) Hold on, gotta stir the chili...

ok, going good. I'm hoping the beans will cook up and thicken everything after a bit. Pretty soon my whole apartment and probably the whole building will smell like my chili. I made a super large batch. I don't have a large enough stock pot, so I had to put some into a 4quart saucepan to cook up. I think my stockpot-ish like thing I have with my set is a 10 or 12 quart. I'd like to get a 14 or 18 quart stainless steel stockpot. Maybe santa will get it for me for Christmas. :-)

I think this will be some good chili. I cut my finger chopping onions and green peppers, so when I do that, stuff usually turns out. If I were superstitious I would say that in exchange for a successful cooking venture, I need to shed a little blood. :-)

Well, Merry Christmas to you and yours. Please use this time to reflect on the year and strive to be more than the best person you can be. Many things this winter have reminded me of the importance of putting things to rest and living in the now. In this season of forgiveness and well-wishes, take some time for yourself to be good to yourself. Forgive people who have wronged you -it really makes no difference now...carrying that kind of regard not only isn't healthy, it's also counter intuitive to personal happiness. If your family fights and bickers, just take a step back and don't engage. At least that will be one less person perpetuating negativity.

Life is like Ghostbusters II...evil and negativity is energy and builds and builds. Before you know it, you've unleashed a bunch of menacing ghosts and it's next to impossible to put a lid back on that. :-)

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PS: oh yea, I just re-read my post title. I found an almost full bottle of Jameson on my liquor cabinet thing (that used to be my Grandpa Rotta's I guess...it reminds me of Frank Sinatra for some reason!!). If that doesn't say "holiday cheer", I'm not sure what does. :-) CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: