Obama is in the white house...or will be once January rolls around. I was amazed at the response Americans had to this election. What an awesome country we live in.
I feel sorry for McCain. Mostly because I believe he is a good man and would be a good leader. As I was watching his concession speech last night, I was struck at how unruly, mean, and uncooperative his followers were acting. The man was trying to do the right thing, concede graciously, reiterate his love for America and the democratic system and all his supporters there could do was bemoan Obama's election and not let McCain talk. That's Sarah Palin's doing. I will go on record to say that she is the ONLY reason I decided not to vote for the republican party. I am mostly democrat, but lean republican on some rather important issues like abortion. However, I can't support a party that looks rougue -er, I mean "mavericky" when what we've been needing is solidarity in our country. I think Obama can give us that kind of leadership. I also think that Sarah Palin is self serving. All of her inconsistencies with McCain didn't come off as being her "own thinker" or being "mavericky". I saw it as a fissure in power that hinted at a power struggle and even worse, a divided Executive Branch. We don't need more division as a nation.
I'm glad she's a mom, I'm glad she "kept" her downs syndrome baby when she found out, I'm glad she has done some good things for Alaska, and I'm glad she thinks of herself as a "maverick". I'm not glad that she wasn't smart enough to pull off good interviews, she wasn't smart enough to pull back from the accusations of "suspicious" associations Obama has/had, and that she thought she was funny on SNL. Tina Fey was funny, she just looked like she was trying to hard to be liked by everyone. That's annoying.
Mostly, I did not want to see her in the position of the leader of the free world should something happen to McCain. I don't trust her, I don't believe her, I don't think she's got integrity, and I don't think she really knows what she's talking about most of the time.
So, now you know how I REALLY feel about her! :-)
On another note, it's 49 days until Christmas!!! Hope you've already bought me a present. If you haven't my wish list is on Amazon.com.
Have a happy day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment