Wednesday, November 19, 2008

GM, Please Get Your Act Together So I Can Buy A Car!

I'm watching the automaker "bailout" business right now. I am planning on buying a new car...but won't be doing so until March or April. If I were in the "right" place in my life right now, I would buy one NOW before catastrophe strikes and they go belly up. I've decided to be an optimist about it and will believe that the cost of my car will not go up, GM will not dissolve completely, and if so, they reorganize and come out better than they were before -also, while giving me a GREAT deal on my G8.

I'm really liking working at JCPenney Styling Salon. I worked at the Southpointe salon tonight (on 32nd, across from Meritcare Southpointe). I think I like the mall salon better, but the stylists at Southpointe are pretty cool, so it's not that bad.

I'm sort of low on students right now. One is in the juvenile center for a little bit and the ones I still have are pretty easy to let go with work on their own. I've gotten a lot of stuff done for my study and am able to take some sick and personal leave without getting a sub or feeling "bad" about it because of the light workload I have right now. I have to get into the massage therapist very badly. My left shoulder/neck/upper back is still really bad ever since the wood stacking weekend. I can't seem to stretch it out myself, so it's time for a professional!! Of course, the only time I could get in was in the middle of the day Monday, so I'm going to take that whole day off. Since I receive most of my medical/health-related care in Fargo/Moorhead, if I have an appointment between 10am and 1:30pm, I pretty much have to take a whole day because it's a 90 minute drive between Fertile and Moorhead/Fargo. I wish I lived in Fargo. In fact, the ONLY reason I'm still in this area is because I really like my job. If I could move my program closer to Fargo/Moorhead, I'd be much happier...probably. :-)

I've been sleeping very well lately, waking up very refreshed and dreaming like crazy too. In fact, the dreams are almost lucid and I sometimes catch myself during the day experiencing a sort of deja vu. I'm also trying to stave off a cold. I think I've been taking so many vitamin supplements, I'm going to turn bionic soon.

I've recently received information from a friend from my church on completing living wills, or healthcare advance directives. I've been wanting to complete one for some time now but needed some spiritual guidance to do it...the decisions you make for these are very heavy and I was not sure what my faith (Catholicism) recommends. I'm excited to look over the information and complete my healthcare advance directive so that if I ever become so injured I am not able to communicate, at least my loved ones will know what my wishes are and will have decisions for my care already made. My brother Albert and his wife Jen have agreed to be my primary proxies and my other brother Tony has agreed to be secondary, should Albert & Jen not be able to act in that role. I recommend that everyone looks into completing a document like this for themselves.

2 comments:

Albert Doll (Bert) said...

Don't worry big sis,
Look at the airline industry-- Remember when they were asking for money too- then Chapter 11 bankrupcy, It stopped the bleeding and got everything back to supply and demand annd it's unions got in line with the market. Well I believe that may be what the big three in the auto industry need. To get the big executive pensions and heatth care in line and ther Greedy Unions to get to reasonable pay and beifits- Why does this car cost so much- well look around at what the auto employee makes compared to you? Ask the main streem media why they never talk about what joe auto maker gets for a pention. I can also see the bail out supporters reasons too. I know it sucks to see our dollars go to industry especialy when bvad decisions are made- but look what they did for Chrysler way back when- And remember this is a loan that gets paid back with interest. i do like that the Gov't is trying to get he auto makers to give them a buisiness paln just like I would hav eto giv eto the D.L. Bank if I was getting a buisiness loan- there is where it all begind- GOD DECISION MAKING- Enough already - heck I wrote more here than I write on my own Blog!!

Angela said...

I too was very pleased when I heard the "big three" are being asked to come up with a business plan. I was actually surprised that Pelosi was involved with that! I guess Democrats aren't bleeding hearts giving money away all the time! HAHA. Just kidding.

Thanks for the encouragement. I have been wanting to ask your opinion on all this auto industry stuff for some time -maybe I can pick your brain at Thanksgiving! I don't want to buy foreign. I like GM (though Ford sucks), and I like their cars. I want one of them. I got a second job JUST to buy one of them! :-) ...well, I've found out I get awesome perks with that job too, but that was a pleasant surprise after the fact. :-)