Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I recently got some new CD's and have been listening to them in my car nonstop now for a few days. I think I've been in my car for over 10 hours between Friday and today -so I've had plenty of time to listen to them. The new SnowPatrol, Nickelback, and Kings of Leon are what I've been listening to. Usually when I get new music I listen to only that for a while. Snowpatrol is really good -and the more you listen to it, the better it gets. Same with the Kings of Leon. But the Nickelback gets annoying after you listen to it too much. Musically, they are a little better than previous albums -and refreshingly different, but lyrically, they suck -big time. They had more intelligent songs on their demo and first albums. So today I have a snowpatrol song stuck in my head. Snowpatrol makes me mellow.

Let's see, what have I been up to? I took some time off on Friday to do an interview for my study. That went well. Then I worked at JCP on Saturday. I went to the casino with some friends on Saturday evening (in mahnomen) and lost lots of money, but had fun doing it. Sunday I worked at JCP for a few hours again and then went to church at 7pm. I like that mass because the music is awesome -think Christian rockand it's less traditional. Most of the musicians that play on Sunday nights are in my Why Catholic group, so I've become good friends with them. I recently was "commissioned" to be a minister of Holy Communion in my church, so I did one of the wines during communion. It was my very first time and I was afraid I'd make mistakes or forget something. It all worked out and it was cool. One more thing to cross off my "things to do before I die" list. In my church, we don't have scheduled Eucharistic ministers, only two "captains" and all who are able to be ministers of holy communion (who've gone through the training and "blessing") just sign up with a captain when they come to mass, so you can do either the blood or body each time. That makes it much more convenient.

I got a massage yesterday and had to have an appointment in the middle of the day (like 10:30am). My left shoulder has been soooo painful lately. I got that worked out a little, but need to go back for another session soon. That reminds me, I should call soon so I can get into the therapist I want. Plus, my TMJ has been getting better since I've been having regular massages, so that's a plus. My dentist is very happy and that makes me happy! :-)

I'm excited for Thanksgiving. I've been talking to my sister Anna lately and I wish she could come up here for Thanskgiving. But I think that she is planning to come up for Christmas. Hopefully her husband Ben can come up too, but he might have to work. That would be too bad cuz he's a fun person. It's good, though, that Anna comes up on her own then. No matter how crazy they might be, sometimes you just need your family -especially when you live so far away. I told her she should invite all of us for Easter or another holiday or just for fun so we can travel to her next time. I think that would be fun.

Anyway, if I don't blog until then, have a great Thanksgiving and don't eat too much turkey. You might turn into a turkey. Haha. And if you're shopping on Friday, GOOD LUCK, comrade. :-)

No comments: