Today I went to Perham to help put wood into the basement for my parents. It seems like it's always just me, Tony, and Amelia who do it each and every time between 2-4 times a year (once in the fall and usually 2-3 times throughout winter). Dad helps of course because he uses his tractor and this huge wagon with a PTO track (no one else can drive it I guess)....I'm not a farmer girl, so I couldn't tell you any equipment details. He's got some wood up by his shed, about 50 or so feet from the house (maybe more??) and we fill the wagon (I think we can get about 3 rows of wood in there, maybe more??? I dunno) and he pushes it down to the house with the tractor (he thinks he's a farmer, even though we live in town, sort of), and while Tony unloads, Amelia hands the wood down to me in the basement through a modified window thingy. I stack it in the wood room (where the window is). We filled it up with about 3-1/2 rows today, filling it to pretty much capacity. Each row is about 12 feet long...maybe??? At any rate, it's usually a dirty, tiring job. Not a fun thing to do. Apparently I am a master stacker, so my job has always been in the basement stacking. Today it sucked because my left shoulder has been giving me problems lately, so reaching up to grab chunks of wood at 6 feet and then stacking them as high as 6 feet was sort of hard today. It's great exercise and allows me to swear as much as I want to :-)
So now I'm off to the shower, maybe even a good soak in the bathtub. I'm excited to turn back my clocks tonight and will spend tomorrow finishing my work I put off on Friday and catching up on my DVR. It never ends, the DVR....a wicked, wicked thing you think at first will save you a lot of time because you can record stuff whenever and watch at your leisure, but in reality, it sucks all the time out of you -you have no leisure time! Good thing I cut off my cable during grad school and didn't get satellite with DVR until I was mostly finished!!!! Oh yea, I think I have to do laundry too. Ick. Happy Sunday to me!!! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment