Well, thanksgiving came and went. It was a good day. It was nice to see my Grandma and Grandpa and joke around with both of them. Father Bill (Grandpa's brother who is a retired priest) was there too. I haven't seen him in forever, so it was nice to see him too. Aunt Patty was there too and she's a hoot. Of course, the food was AWESOME. Amelia made some cool desserts...I think they were the hit of Thanksgiving! Grace was there with her mom and dad (Albert & Jen) and boy is she growing!!! She can say everyone's name...except mine, of course ("Angela" is difficult to say for a little kid), so my brothers and sisters (mainly Tony, I think) decided to that to help her out, they would use MY name in the place of any swear words they wanted to express as we were playing games, since she's a sponge right now and repeats EVERYTHING. I think she got it by the end of the day! I know my name was "taken in vain" very, very often. :-) I missed Andy and his family and Anna and her husband. Both live over 4 hours away and could not make it up here for this holiday. Hopefully we can see them all at Christmas. I gave Albert one of my mp3 players I don't use to try out to see if he likes it....I wonder if he's figured it out yet...
Friday I got up at 2:30-3am and went to Fargo to go Black Friday shopping with my sister Audrey and her friend Kathryn. That was really fun. I got an awesome deal on some stuff for Christmas presents and Buddy, the family dog even "bought" me a present!! I can't wait for Christmas in Perham to open it!! LOL!! I enjoy taking Audrey places because she's not annoying and she's actually a shrewd shopper with a lot of common sense!! She had a big let down because she wanted to get her ear pierced (cartilage area) but Almost Famous wouldn't let her without mom along -even though mom actually gave her permission on the phone. Oh well!! That's how life goes! We were in Fargo until about 3:30pm. It was a LONGGG day.
When I got back to Perham, I went "downtown" with mom and dad to watch Perham's Parade of Lights. It was a nice parade with about 40 floats. All where lit up and very cool. The coolest one was one for a dentistry in town that had tooth fairies walking with the float giving away treats to the spectators. By the time that ended it was almost 7pm so I hightailed it home to Ada.
Yesterday I did NOTHING but sleep until noon, catch up on some DVR, and go over to Jami & Shauns for the evening. Jami and I played a couple games and that's always a good time. By the time we got around to our third game, Mancala, I was doing weird stuff and I concluded I'd better go home and go to bed (it was around 10:30pm).
Today I worked at JCP in the afternoon. That was fun. After my shift I ran into my cousins Denise and Richard Anderson. They were browsing around shopping for their mom, my Aunt Elaine. That was a nice surprise to run into them! Then I killed time in town driving around, looking at Christmas lights and getting a little lost before going to church at 7pm. Part of downtown Moorhead was dark around 5pm and it was SOOO EEEEERRRY!! I took a few "laps" in the area just to experience the darkness. I was happily surprised that every driver was responsible and even though a majority of the street lights were out, drivers were smart enough (or kind enough) to treat the intersections like a blinking red light and wait their turn to go through the intersection. By my third lap, the Mhd cops were in the intersections directing traffic. I'm glad I wasn't in Hornbachers, M&H, or Walgreens....they were all completely dark for at least an hour!!
My uncle Paul was in a bad car accident this morning in Fergus Falls. He's been airlifted to the cities because apparently he's got a pretty severe head injury. My cousin's daughter (his grandchild) was in the car too but she's completely ok -besides being pretty shaken up. So, if you have some extra time today, say some extra prayers for Paul and his family who are down in the cities waiting in the hospital for good news...or any news, actually. It will be a long night and couple days (at least) for them.
BTW...25 days until Christmas...
No comments:
Post a Comment