Thursday, November 6, 2008

dreary thursday...

Today is just dreary. I wish I had just stayed in bed!! Last night at JCP training, they took us on a tour of the whole store. They explained all of the brands, all of the JCPenney's brands ("power brands"), brands made for JCP under other brands (like Ralph Lauren, Liz Claiborne, etc), and other brands they carry (Levi's, Adidas, etc). VERY interesting. Being a long time customer of that store, it was awesome to learn more about how the store works, what brands they carry and why, and how some brands compare to others. I had some good learning last night! I like the company and will probably always choose JCP first to shop at because of what I know now about how they treat their employees and their perspective on how the customer should be treated.

Today I'm trying to teach poetry rhyme schemes to a student and I'm using songs he's picked out (he's got a vested interest in the song and lyrics). We'll see how this goes! I was able to find "clean" versions of all of them....so that is GOOD. Thank God! A different way to teach rhyming in poetry, but one that is much more relevent to this kid than reading shakesphere or even Carl Sandburg.

No comments: