Thursday, January 21, 2010

WINTER!!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............ thank you winter weather! So if you've been reading my posts, faithful blog reader, you know that I was planning on going to a workshop in St. Paul this Friday. That's been cancelled because of the weather! Yay! Now tonight I'm not doing ANYTHING but watching tv, burning wood in my fireplace, and drinking amarettos and whiskey waters on the rocks. Plus taking Facebook quizzes, browsing my friends' profiles (i.e. catching up on their lives!) and doing a little bit of cleaning, sorting, or just plain "puttering around" my house. AWESOME. Then, tomorrow, since I was scheduled to be gone, I have nothing on my schedule, so for all intents and purposes, I am out of the office and I can actually GET STUFF DONE in the office without being bothered!! OMG...I think that's probably too good to be true, though. I can get a BUNCH of stuff done and won't have to take ANY work home!

AND THEN! It's gonna be very crappy weather all weekend! I can't wait. I can have my fireplace going and watch movies, and just be a BUM all damned weekend!!! I freakin LOVE it. *sigh* how wonderful!

Anyway, now for some substance. Nah, just kidding. I've been in "work" mode rather than "reflection" mode lately. Much to do. Much to accomplish. Much to make happen right now. Later I'll decompress. :-) But, I will say, I had another conversation with my director today and wow, he and the superintendents are incredibly serious about keeping me around. However, that's all talk. I'll believe it when I see the contract come across my desk and the numbers inside it. Wish me luck. As a friend of mine in the banking/mortgage regulations industry told me the other day, I should be making more money that HE does because of all the education I have. Unfortunately...that's not how the education "industry" works. :-(

No comments: