Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What Are My Favorite Things??

You know, I think I've said it before, but 2010 feels good to me. It feels nice and hopeful and just plain nice. I am going to list some of my favorite things for you tonight. Things I've forgotten about this fall during "crazy time". I'm "better" now -and that's a whole different post that I'll probably never bore you poor blog reader with.

But here you go.

I love Craig Ferguson. I started recording him again and watching his show after school/in the evenings when I have time. Some days I don't have time so I have to do a Craig Marathon, but that's ok. He makes me laugh. A lot. I like it things and people that make me laugh. I want more of that in my life. I had stopped watching him last fall. 2010 has me watching him and enjoying laughter again.

I love the Daily Show with John Stewart. I'd like that to be my primary news source...HA!! No seriously, I like his point of view, the sarcasm, and the common sense of that show -and it's a little goofy too. :-) I used to watch that religiously in college and early on in my teaching career but got away from it and started up again this summer. Then lost my way again. However, I decided that show is something I needed to watch. Compared to the rest of the stuff on TV today, this show is not that bad.

I also like watching American Idol. I love music and I like talent scouting. If I could have a "dream" job, it would be to be a talent scout. I'd never do that now. Not ever. But in a parallel universe, that's what I would do.

I've already started recording Seinfeld even in the fall, but haven't started really watching them until lately.

There's also the Colbert Report...which is ok. Some things are FUNNY. Some are so-so. Not my absolute favorite, but still good.

Let's see....what else is my favorite thing? I went shopping tonight after work. That is one of my favorite things. I bought some stuff at Benders Shoes downtown. Nice place -spendy, but they have VERY good sales. I will spend more money in that place because they carry very good quality shoes and they have an entire section of clothes. Tomorrow I'm hitting a couple other stores downtown after work (IF I can get out of my office at a reasonable hour). I really just like browsing and not buying anything most of the time. That's really relaxing to me.

I also really enjoy www.theonion.com. Fantastic satirical news-"fake" news. Makes me laugh EVERY TIME. Again, something that makes me laugh. I like that.

You know what I thought of today? It's kind of warmish (like 20degrees if you can call THAT warm! OMG) and I started thinking, geez, I'd better get on it and learn how to ski soon. Then I realized...I have no ski stuff. I'd be incredibly mis-dressed. I need to at least get a columbia or northface jacket or something for "everyday" wear -and THAT I could use for skiing. Plus...I need some mittens/gloves. I have a hat, I think. But I've got stretchy mittens that are definitely NOT warm enough! ;-) So yeah...before I get off my ass and start to learn how to ski appropriately, I'd better make sure I have some outside winter clothes for that! I should probably get some snowpants too. Still, that would still be a good investment. Maybe a trip to L&M Fleet is in order one of these days.

On Saturday I get my snow tires put on my car. How awesome is THAT going to be!?! I'll tell you: SO freaken awesome. That's how awesome. :-)

No comments: