There's a ton of talk about there being a winter storm this weekend again. Hot Damn!!! I LOVE snowstorms! :-) I've got my snow tires and plenty of junk in my trunk (in the form of 300lbs of sandbags), so I'm good to go!!! I do have to find gloves though...I need mittens or something. I should really work on that. :-)
I like Tuesdays. I have absolutely NO idea why. I think that if I were ever to get married, I'd get married on a Tuesday. If I ever got to choose when I would give birth to a kid (cuz let's face it people, if I ever give birth, I'm going the C-section way...ain't no way I'm passing through a watermelon!!), I would choose a Tuesday. Tuesdays are usually the best days of the week for me. Thursdays are actually a close second. There is nothing really special about them at all. It's just how I think. By the way, Tuesdays are yellow -a sunshine, bright, sparkly, SHINING yellow -hardly a color at all, but bright light with a yellow hue. Thursdays are a rust-ish orange-ish brown-ish color. Yep, I know, I'm weird.
So today I had my board meeting. It went very well and I really think that I have gained a whole lot of credibility with my board. Each and everyone of them have been positively affected (in a fiscally way, actually) by a change or influence I've done this year already. When you are dealing with superintendents, that is a very good thing. I was informed that I'm being offered a contract for 2010-2011. Hooray! But now comes the tricky part: negotiating them up to my price. So essentially, all the money I've saved them already to this date, I'll ask for in a raise. HAHA!! Let the dance begin.
I have a project I'm working on at work. I'm trying to streamline some of the office work we do. I have two secretaries and while I do need both of them for various reasons, their work could be streamlined and the data they collect could be managed much more efficiently. That being said, I'm in the process of exploring HOW I'm going to do that. I know what I want in my head...or at least, I know the process I want to have in place and I know what I want for my end product...I just have to find a way to get there. Not only that, I have to find a way to make my board want this to and find value in it. So I've got a friend who's a freakin whiz at this kind of stuff helping me out, giving me some direction, and possibly doing some actual consulting for me to create this vehicle. AND, I've got a board who wants to move the cooperative into a different sort of entity in a couple years which means whatever I create and implement now must be both adaptable and salient enough to weather that kind of transition. AND, most importantly, I have to get all of these things together in a room and get them to want to hook up with each other. Again...another dance.
At the end of the week I'm in St. Paul for a New Leader's training at the Minnesota Administrators of Special Education (MASE) headquarters. I "get" to stay at the Radisson again. I HATE Radissons. I used to like them or think they are ok. But I've really learned to hate them. I think they are just a bunch of fluff and fanfare and absolutely no substance. I hate them. But I love my MASE workshops, so it will be worth it. We're going through budgeting stuff and that will be very good. So I'm hoping that this fantastic "Winter Storm" we're going to have will wait until Saturday or LATE Friday to hit anywhere because I'll be done around 4pm Friday.
Anyway, I'm told we're getting 1.5 mn more of sunlight per day. That's great! Groundhog day is coming up, folks! I hope it's a good one. :-0
No comments:
Post a Comment