This weekend marked the end of Christmas for me. Finally!! I spent Friday and Saturday in Perham with my family and it was really fun. Friday morning I got my car fixed -the front lower control arms were bad, so it was a straight up warrenty fix and now it drives super smoothly-like it is supposed to!
Then the rest of the day I got a haircut (FINALLY!!) and hung out with my sister and brother in law from Mankato, my sister Amelia, my sister Audrey, and my mom. We played a couple rounds of Apples to Apples and it was hilarious. Ben and I tried out a new whiskey ,8I picked up, Wisers out of Canada. Wow, that's some smooth stuff. So, good times, good food, good whiskey, and good company. Saturday Audrey, Anna, Ben, and I went "snowman and liger hunting". We drove around Perham taking pictures of snowmen and this very strange looking thing we call a "liger", after Napolean Dynamite. It doesn't really look like a liger I guess, it kind of looks like a horse or something, but it's WEIRD and we aren't sure what it is, so that makes it a "liger" in our eyes. Here's a picture:
We also saw a number of snowmen. Here are some pictures of them:
And, we found a couple other snow sculptures. This one is an igloo made by one of my little little sister's friends:
And this last one, we've dubbed "Jabba the Hut". You can see why maybe...because we're not really sure what else it could be.
Oh, but here are some more...these WERE snowmen at one time, but toppled down. Man down!!!!!!!!!!
So that was Saturday morning. Then my entire family that was home (Andy, Amy and their kids couldn't make it this weekend :-(, but they were there in spirit) and we met at Lake's cafe for lunch. After that we headed to Mom and Dad's where we played Uno with Amelia's boyfriend's kids until my niece Grace got up from a nap. We had the entire table full at one time, with Albert taking pictures of everyone's hands and sharing them. Ha! Never give Albert a camera. You'll get strange pictures back. Ben and I finished off the Wisers and soon it was time for gift opening. Albert was super happy with the gifts I got him (I had his name), a Chicago Bears lawn gnome, rubbermaid containers, Finnegan's Irish Amber beer, and a splitting axe. I was pretty happy with my gifts as well. Anna had my name and she gave me a blanket/afghan she knitted for me and it is spectacular! Here's a picture of that:
More later, folks!! Stay tuned...the BEST snow sculpture of all is coming!
No comments:
Post a Comment