Wednesday, January 13, 2010

So I'm watching American Idol auditions tonight. One from last night and now the one that's on tonight. I am SO SICK of seeing these people who are like "I don't care what you say, I KNOW I'm a good singer". They are NOT. They have a strange sense of entitlement and a stranger sense of inflated self worth or disillusionment or something. Ye-gads. Yikes and double yikes. That makes me more mad than it entertains me. However, there ARE some very, very good ones. Wow. So that's why I watch this. I LOVE seeing new talent. I LOVE seeing new fresh faces and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE seeing new talent discovered. Love it love it love it. So, for showmanship, I understand the airing of the wacky and stupid auditions...but the heart of this show is the discovery of talent and the sharing of talent that the contestants are able to do. That's so great and it makes me smile. I like things that make me smile.

This has been the longest week ever. I have been SO incredibly busy with work and life stuff lately that I swear it should be the weekend already, but it's only Wednesday night. Oh well!! Tomorrow I've got back to back meetings all morning and have to catch up on some emails and return calls in the afternoon from being out of my office all day today while training a group of teachers and paras in CPI today (a non-violent crisis intervention program). Friday I'm booked with a meeting most of the day (I think). Next week I start it all over again with my monthly trip down to St. Paul for meetings at the end of the week. Oh joy! I get to stay at the Radisson again! I HATE that place, but whatever. One of these weekends I have to make it up to Andy and Amy's to deliver presents for them and the kids from Christmas yet.

So...nothing profound tonight. YET. When I can't sleep, I seem to think a lot-cuz last night I couldn't sleep. I drank a lot of coffee at Grace house last night. Oops!! :-) but, here's to getting to bed at a reasonable time tonight since I have an early morning.

No comments: