Sunday, January 17, 2010

Well, I haven't done my work yet today. BUT, I put away all of my Christmas stuff finally! I did forget about the tires in my car though...so they will have to stay in there until tomorrow! Oops. However, I DID get a handful of things done late last night, so it's not that bad. I have not made my evaluation procedure checklists yet. I've been putting this off since probably October. I can't stand this. I think it's SO incredibly unnecessary because there are at least 3 different tools for this already available to teachers and for God's sake...make your own that makes sense for you. So, I'll get to that later. It's the thing on my list that I keep moving down as other things come up. I believe in prioritizing rather than keeping things in their original spots on a list as other things come up.

But I am very glad that I got my Christmas stuff done and put away. It's about time!! I need to clean in here and I want to do a little bit of re-arranging too.

I've been watching Seinfeld reruns while I've been puttering around the place today. This show amuses me to no end. I'd like to invest in the DVD series. The same with Friends and a couple other shows I really like laughing along with.

January is halfway over. I'm very much anticipating spring -warmer weather, longer sunlight, green coming back. Mostly sunlight though. When it stays lighter longer, I feel like I have more time -like I have more hours in the day to accomplish things and I just feel like being more productive.

You know? I need to get my eyes checked. I realized it's been over a year and I should really get contacts again. Glasses are driving me nuts lately. As a matter of fact, last year was the first time ever I did not get both glasses AND contacts and this entire year was the only year in probably 5 years that I started to dig out my contacts and realized I did not have any. Actually, what I should do is look into lasik surgery. We'll see how my negotiations go. If I get a substantial increase, maybe that's something I'll look at doing next year because I can flex it and that will bring down my taxable income a bit.

Anyway, half of me feels bad for not getting my list of work done this weekend and the other half (the more reasonable half, actually) doesn't really care. I had fun with friends, laughed quite a lot and got some things accomplished around the house. To me, that's a good weekend! Maybe 25% of it was work. That's ok with me too.

1 comment:

Bob said...

Longer days are coming. We are gaining about 1.5 min per day.