I got through the day!!! Day three is always hard for me and I'm glad I was mostly super busy today. So things are good. Tomorrow things are on the incline. Things are already on the incline and I feel amazing! I don't yet have the "ketosis high" as I like to call it, but that's coming very soon. I can't wait.
One thing that REALLY helps me and is helping me more this second, third, sixth time around here on full Phase One protocol is recording everything on My Fitness Pal and opening it up to people who I know will either keep me honest or who I don't want to look like a dumbass to. I've noticed that people look up to me and admire what I've been doing. Today I had three people at work independently in different situations tell me that I have lost "a ton of weight". I really don't feel like I have. I've lost a little, yes, but not yet. I told one person that I still have 30 pounds left to lose and they couldn't believe I had that much more to go. I do...oh yes, I do. I'm starting to believe that 30 will be a good amount and I'm really wanting to be done with this losing weight thing by mid-July. My REAL goal is to maintain whatever loss I have within 10 pounds for at least 4 years. THAT will be a feat!!! :) So those people who ask me how I am doing this and are genuine about it, I'm letting see what I log each day on My Fitness Pal. It really motivates me and keeps me on the up & up.
SO I am hear to tell you - if I can do this then by god people, ANYONE can do this. It does take dedication. It does take sacrifice. And it DOES take a lot of bravery and perseverance. It's a total mind-fuck. Completely. But I've been successful. One year ago (almost EXACTLY), I was 55-60 pounds heavier. I lost it in "sections" of time and I think I could have done better if I had a different kind of support system and just "more" in my life. But I've learned a lot about myself in the past year and I've become a slightly better version of me through the process. I have 30 more pounds to go before I'm at the goal I aimed for a year ago. I'm doing ok. I'm alright. Thinking back to my heaviest of all time weight of 265, almost 270 in early 2008ish (I think...time smushes together in my mind sometimes), I will have lost more than 100 lbs completely.
Let's rephrase that. I have not LOST the weight. I've GOTTEN RID OF the weight. It's going to stay gone because I certainly do not want to "find" it again! I'm getting rid of 30 more pounds. Hopefully in 8 weeks!!! Actually, I've decided that I'm going to do 8 solid Phase One weeks and then phase off. Hopefully for good. There will be times I go back to phase one for a while to restart things, but for the majority, I'm aiming for August to be eating "normally", enjoying life. That's not to say I'm not enjoying life eating phase one protocol - there is way more to life than food- but I'll feel less restrictive and less "weird". Plus, I'll feel so awesome about myself and that's priceless!
So enough about myself. I want to repeat what I said yesterday: BE BRAVE. It takes guts to battle with yourself, but it is the most important battle you can do. If you fall off the horse, get back on. Be brave enough to do that. Do the thing you think you cannot do. Live the life you've imagined. Be a light and be a positive source to people in your life. It gets hard and hopefully you have good people in your life to help you when you have hard days - and if you don't -STICK WITH IT because they will appear. Some might even surprise you.
No comments:
Post a Comment