Saturday, April 18, 2015

Day One, Revisited.

Today I start back on Ideal Protein. I am going full protocol, with their recommended supplements and everything. I have been using LeVel Thrive supplements and while they have been adequate, I think the vitamin/protein shake as well as the boost and activate supplements I use have been kicking my body out of ketosis and making my hunger wonky as well as making me crave carbs.

SO....Totally on protocol now, for at least 8 weeks!! Let's see. I do VERY well when I'm in ketosis and VERY well when I follow this program to the "T" and if that is still true, I should see at least a 3 pound drop each week. 8 weeks at 3 lbs per week will make that a 24 pound loss. If I am lucky and I should be able to be lucky given my past performance on this program, I might be able to see an average of 4 lbs per week which would make the loss at 32 pounds. THAT is all I need!! My vain self wants to see a 40 or 45 pound loss, but I have some things in mid July I need to phase off for (trip to TX) and once that happens, if I need to, I will go back on phase one in August or September for a month or so and get down to that 45lb loss.

My scale this am says 193 which means the scale at my clinic will say 198 on Tuesday. I want to get down to 165 by mid July. Then after that, perhaps I'll either feel good and stay in that range, or go for more and get down 15-20 more pounds to 145. Keep in mind that I do not feel my clinic scale is accurate - I go by my home scale because that is the scale that is most similar to all other scales I step on, so in reality, 150 at my clinic is likely going to be a 145 at home. That's really freaken skinny for me. I've not been that low since before 9th grade. I don't think as a 40something adult that that is healthy. However - as an old lady, that is probably a good weight. Who knows! It's how I feel - how my clothes are fitting, how I feel about the "space" I am occupying, and how I feel about my body.

Keep in mind, the lowest I have ever been as an adult has been about 175. I felt good about myself and I was enjoying life. That's two months away from me. However, I know I can do more.

So my obsession starts today. I feel good about it. The last month and a half I have not felt good about myself and although I have been giving myself some space to eat whatever I have wanted, I have not felt good physically or mentally. Not even really emotionally. I bought some size 10 dress pants and medium sized shirts on Wednesday. Those things are my new goal. I get off on the clothes wearing more than I do the number on the scale.

I am excited though - because I know that when I put my body into ketosis, I'm burning fat, I'm leaving my muscle mass alone (and even GAINING muscle while losing fat!!) and I'm making my body so much more efficient. Also, a side benefit of the Ideal Protein diet is this: It is a HIGHLY alkaline diet. I'm not sure yet what all that really truly means, but I DO know that I've been reading a lot about how a high alkaline diet is a body environment where cancer cannot grow or does not grow well. With everyone around me getting cancer, I am kind of worried about that. I'm not as worried about heart disease or diabetes - like I SHOULD be because that is my family health history. But this diet and way of eating kills all of those birds. I can't wait until I get to the weight I want and am living on maintenance, eating "normally" but very healthily.

If you want to change your life - it is HARD, but it's do-able. I admire and REALLY freaken dig people who do that hard thing that gets them to what they want. It's not forever, but the results forever benefit you. I prefer to surround myself with people who are like that - who do what they say they are going to do and who choose to do the hard stuff because those people know that the hard stuff isn't forever...but they know that the benefits and the joy they will have from it CAN BE forever. That's being positive and I like positive people in my life who are willing to take control and be disciplined.

No comments: