Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Routine Is Always A Good Thing

Today (so far) has been a good day. I gotta tell ya though...I have beer in the fridge that is burning a hole in the door!!!! Ugh. I guess it will keep a little while longer. :)

Today here is what I ate (like you're really interested, I know...):
breakfast (830am): Peach Mango protein drink mix
lunch (1130am): chocolate pudding mix with Walden Farms carmel dip (don't get the dip...the caramel syrup is WAYYYYYY better)
snack (3:30): BBQ soynuts

All of that was Ideal protein stuff because I forgot to grab my veggies this morning. :/ so for dinner when I got home around 6:15, I had 4 oz of left over chicken breast & 4 oz of left over steak that I cubed up and heated to put over 3 cups a lettuce & a small red onion (like tiny) dressed in salt & grapeseed oil. Then I tried to eat some radishes but they tasted icky and had about 1.5 cups of raw cauliflower. I have to get more veggies in tonight and if Im still hungry, I'll have another IP product. Not sure what though yet.

This was not a "perfect" day. Not by a long shot. My most comfortable eating is this:
IP for breakfast either a protein drink mix I mix in a bottle of water or a peanut butter crunch protein bar. Then I snack on 1-1.5 cups of sliced cucumber and either a red pepper or a green pepper from about 10-3ish. Sometime in there I will have another Ideal Protein product like chocolate pudding, chips, protein drink, jello, etc. Then for dinner I will have 8 oz of chicken breast I baked in the oven or a little less with some shrimp I warmed up in a frying pan with a tiny bit of oil & lots of seasoning, plus an entire bag of either green giant or birdseye steamable veggie (usually broccoli florets, chopped broccoli, or broccoli & cauliflower). That's my total routine. Sometimes I change it up with red meat instead of chicken and every once in a while I'll cook salmon or tilapia. Sometimes I'll buy a bunch of veggies from Hornbacher's salad bar on my way home from work and stir fry them with left over meat. But that Hornbachers isn't on my way home anymore and I haven't found a good grocery store that has a salad bar like that until about 5:30pm.

It feels good to be "on track" and in this mindset again. I need to keep blogging. It keeps me honest and keeps my attention on what I want it to remain on. So, sorry if you are getting bogged down by all of these posts and more posts to come, my happy blog reader...actually, I'm not sorry! :P I hope you like reading. I've got a fair amount of opinions and thoughts bubbling through my brain lately too. You've been forewarned. :)

No comments: