Thursday, July 24, 2014

Slow & Steady

I spent the day with neat people listening to live TED talks. It was very awesome. I wish I could do this every month or so!

Needless to say, I was faced with a choice: eat lunch provided or not. I chose to eat what they provided. The caterer was a local one that I very much enjoy and the meal was somewhat healthy. A half of a croissant sandwich (deli slice ham, balsamic grilled onions, some cheese, and mayo), with a tiny amount of lettuce salad, about a half a cup of quinoa mixed with interesting things (nuts, apple chunks, kalamata olives, herbs, zuchinni) and a tiny bit of hummus with a few raw veggies. Oh, I also had a tiny bit of balsamic vinegarette. In the grand scheme of things, it was mostly all I had eaten today, besides a few IP products for breakfast & late afternoon snack. I also had a baggie of green and a baggie of red peppers for dinner as well as another IP product. I did not have a breakfast sandwich, a granola bar (homemade and incredibly delicious), or a DELICIOUS cupcake. Oh, I also did not have any fresh fruit at lunch or any bread besides the 1/2 croissant bun. It was an OK day.

I'm very frustrated because lately my weight has been "stuck". I'm thinking I need to start adding exercise. FOR REAL this time and not just talking about it. Something needs to give in my metabolism, so maybe today wasn't too bad....maybe my body needed a "carb day" to jump start things. Time will tell.

I have only a drawer full of clothes that don't fit me yet that I WANT to fit into!!! That is SOOO awesome and I can't even express how happy and how motivated that makes me! Right now though, I'm feeling like it will never happen. HOWEVER.........

The slow and steady wins the race.

;)

No comments: